[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi there, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Hi there, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi there, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Postby Mrsmac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:23 pm

Hi, after two years of tests and a hospital stay, I've been told I have Fibromyalgia, and they will discuss pain management with me. I am in my early fifties and I am a Foster Parent. My name is Mary and I have one son who I had when I was forty one years old. I would like some advice as to which medication works best. I am at present taking Naproxen and Tramadol, none of which are much help. So I hope to pick everyone's brain as to how to control these many symptoms, as I was severely worried as to what was wrong with me until Docs put a name to my condition. Thank you for letting me introduce myself, and I will find the appropriate board to post my many questions. Thank you. Mary.
Mrsmac
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi there, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Postby denys » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:27 pm

Hi Mary and :welcome: to the forum, we've all been where you are now and its a lot to take in :yikes: so take your time ask as many questions as you want and we will try to answer them. Glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mrsmac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 pm

Thank you. Have looked around already and had a few chuckles which I didn't expect. Also taking a lot in. A very varied and interesting site which I'm sure I'll enjoy visiting. Mary. :)
Mrsmac
UKFM Newbie

Postby Graduate » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi mrsmac :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :wave: :wave:
I was where you are until I found this site three days ago, :sick: :banghead: :banghead:
I haven't laughed so much in ages and already my burdens feel lighter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't worry about asking questions ask away, someone will be along soon to help you with any queries :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I've shown this site to those closest to me and the changes are already perceptible better than [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]
Having this forum will make all the difference between coping and not :grouphug:
Looking forward to getting to know you
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :wave: :wave: :flowers: :flowers: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:28 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mary.
Look forward to getting to know you. Sorry you have fibro but you have come to the right place for support. :hugs: :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Mrsmac » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Thank you, and I'm sorry about everyone else having Fibromyalgia, but its also good to know that other people understand the illness better than me. Kind regards. Mary.
Mrsmac
UKFM Newbie

Postby chuckles » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 am

hi mary :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome:
im also newly dx i live in mid wales
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby jud » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:26 am

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I only joined afew months ago and feel I get a lot of support although have not been on for a while as pain got in the way.

Take care and hope they sort out pain management for you soon but if not come here and get support. :welcome: :wave: :hugs:

Jude
jud
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello