[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby mandyp83 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi

My name is Mandy and i am 27. I have been really ill for the past 6 months and have been told that i have Lupus then it changed to Adult Stills Disease but i finally found out last week that i have fibromyalgia.I still do not know much about fibromyalgia but hope to learn lots from this website.

Mandy x :D
mandyp83
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby livermore » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Hello mandy,

I too have just found out i have what they believe is fibro after aslo being told that i had lupus. Im only 28. This website is brill lots of support, info and help. Its really helped me already, hope it will help you too.

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 pm

hi mandy

welcome :welcome: :wave:

i've only just found this site after living and failing to manage with fm since 1996 :banghead:

there is much more support and awareness today and its so great we fibromites have a forum such as this :clap: :clap:

looking foward to getting to know you

sending big (gentle) purple hugs
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Hi Mandy
:welcome: to the site I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information on here :D If there's anything you want to know but can't find please post it and I'm sure there will be someone who may help and you'll find lots of friendly advice.

Here's some [chocolate] and :flowers: to say hello

Fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi Mandy and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby chuckles » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:42 am

hi mandy :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby mandyp83 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:57 am

Thank you so much eveyone for your warm welcomes.

When i got told last week that i had fibromalgia i was slighlty relieved that it wasnt Stills or Lupus, but now i feel a buit down about it all. I had been feeling well for the last week but then had a flare on Thursday. I felt so upset about it as i was hoping they would not come on as i am now on medication. It has been a big shock. The more i look into it all makes me think i have had this for many years. I have always been really tired. When i was in my early 20's i use to come home at about 11ish on a night out as i was so drianed. None of my friends understood why i was like it and to be honest nor did i. I have been going back and forth to the doctors for about 6 years complaining about feeling so tired. They done blood tests and could never find anything wrong and just blame it on stress and slight depression. People started to think i was making things up and was being lazy. Its so nice to now speak to other peopel that feel the same way i do and understand. My Husband has been brilliant through all of this.

I have so many questions to ask about fibromyalgia. Do you get illnesses more than other people, and find it hard to get other them? I have been so ill over the past year, every month of last winter i have a cold or virus that took ages to get over. When other peopel have them they seem to get over them in a week. My sick record at work is really bad as i end up having a week off to get over a little cold.
When you are having a bad day, do you give up or just push your way through it? Wheni had my flare on Thursday i want too sure if i should take the day off or rest or just work? I ended up working but it was so hard to get through the day.

x :D
mandyp83
UKFM Newbie

Postby fabme » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi

Sorry your finding it hard at the moment I struggled with my diagnosis for quite a long time and like you can track it back a few years. As for the working through the flare/pain it's a bit different with the fibro, has anyone one mentioned pacing to you. On the pain management course they gave us an STD or Stop Think Decide which is basically look at what you've got to do that day think about what really needs to to be done, done later or put off to another day and then decide what your going to do.

The pace yourself by looking at what you've got to do can it be done in short bursts, and most of all listen to your body if it's saying stop then stop as usually when you don't you'll end up in more pain or a possible flare.

As for getting over colds etc I do feel it worse than I use to do and it can take longer than it use to do but I'd not really thought about it

Hope this helps

Fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby mandyp83 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Thank you :D I will take your advice on board. May make another appointment to see my GP as i felt i left with more questions than answers.

Is fibromyalgia classed as a dissability? I have been looking through the forum and seen that people have been claiming for DLA. I do work full time at the moment and my work are really understanding and flexible on my working times.
mandyp83
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:

It depends on what job or how severe your fibro is.
I had no choice i had to leave work, i loved my job but was not up to it. I do have other health problems and they leave me with fatigue and even with strong pain meds i am still in pain.

My fibro has got much worse in the last 2 yrs so i know i wont be able to return to work.
If you are coping with work then thats great but if your symptoms become worse then see your GP. There is so many symptoms to fibro and its lots to get your head around, i am still learning myself.

Glad you found us, any questions just ask. :flowers: :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello