[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - I don't have Fibromyalgia but...

I don't have Fibromyalgia but...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I don't have Fibromyalgia but...

Postby neilfairbrother » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:33 am

... my GF does. So why isn't she on here instead of me? Because she is French and lives in French France, just East of Paris, in Meaux. Where the Brie comes from.

Virginie has been diagnosed with FM so I want to understand as much as possible how I can help.

Cheers

Neil
neilfairbrother
UKFM Newbie

Re: I don't have Fibromyalgia but...

Postby Elsbeth » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 am

Honestly, from here there isn't much you can do. FM normally requires physical support as much as emotional, and I have to be brutally honest, emotional support from someone who isn't with you, can't see your pain, see how it makes your life hard is really hard to accept. It can be hard enough to accept that kind of help from someone in the same room sometimes.
I do however, commend you for trying to understand the condition. Depending on how bad she has it and what her exact problems are with it, her needs and support will vary.

Reading is one of the best places to start I found for my OH.
Google Fibro and read, read, read. Then when she tries to talk to you about it you will have some idea of what she means.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Re: I don't have Fibromyalgia but...

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi Neil, its great that you want to understand fibro. :clap: Your G/F is lucky to have you.
You can give her the forum`s addy for her to pop on to.

Have a good read around the forum and any questions just ask. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello