[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hiya, newbie in process of being diagnosed (LONG)

Hiya, newbie in process of being diagnosed (LONG)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hiya, newbie in process of being diagnosed (LONG)

Postby tulip » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:31 am

Hi all. Im very new to all this as im currently being looked at by doctors to see if i have FM. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or opinions.

Ill try cut a very long story short. Im 25 with 2 kids (9 & 19months). I started getting pains in my left wrist 7 years ago, hurt so much i thought id broken it, went hosp, xrayed no break, told to rest it. Pain continued. Over the years it has got worse and worse,

in the beginning it would flare up every now and then but only for a day then fine etc, now its constantly hurting. Been back and forth to drs, ive had 2 nerve tests (clear) blood tests, xrays and scans all coming back to nothing, in the end docs bascially tell me its in my head ( I do suffer fom anxiety quite badly, this is not in my head).

I live above a shop and have to carry my 19month old son up and down stairs and get his buggy out my car one handed, agony :-(. My right arm is flaring up too, in peoples opinion do yuo think i have FM, i just neeed to know what i have. The dr thinks i do due to my syptoms he finally put together, (they orignally thought thisd was carpal tunnel).

My syptioms are, wake up several times in night, wake in morning feeliing worse than i went to sleep, will fall asleep if i sit down during the day, my hand and fingers now get s bad they stay like a closed fist, the pain i get is in my whole left arm (wrist, hand fingers, elboqw and shoulder) i cant feel much in this arm, its in my neck and top of back, my right is hurting at wrist and elbow, my lower back hurts, my stomach cramps are awful and make me double over, i have cchest palpitations and chest pains, (had my heart checked everything fine), i get tingling legs if i stand or walk too much, my knees and ankles throb if i walk stand too much, im constantly down and i get bad headaches oh and my jaw if i touch my jaw pbone i wanna cry :-(, oh and my boobs constantly hurt, i cant wear a bra or really touch them, its like im constantly pregannt.

PLease can someone advice, im being referred to a rheamtoid spealist and im terrified he wont have answers. I feel like my life is over already :-( please help. Sorry ive rambled but i needed to get it all out, everyone things this is in my head but its not
Last edited by denys on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Broken text up to make reading easier
tulip
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hiya, newbie in process of being diagnosed (LONG)

Postby budda » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:52 pm

So sorry tulip that you are in so much pain,we have all felt the same way as you before, not getting any answers, people think we are crazy and its all in our heads,am sure if you have FM the rhumy will be able to give you an answer, so keep your appointment, please let us know how you get on, and here are some soft :hugs: from me to you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Hi Tulip, I edited your post as another symptom some of us suffer from is foggy head and poor vision which can make it difficult for us to read long posts.

As Budda says the rhuemalologist should be able to give you some answers and I hope things settle down for you soon, could you guide your little boy up the stairs to help your arms and either put him in the car before dealing with the buggy or leaving him in the car while you get it out :?: :?: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:17 pm

Hope you get some answers soon. :hugs: :welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello