[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi

hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi

Postby gizsam » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi,my name is Cat im a 36 year old nurse andI have just been told that fibro is a diagnosis after nearly 18 months of hip pain which has progressed to a list of other symptoms and pain. im thankful that when i went for my ortho appointment on thursday there was a rheumatology clinic running at the same and the doctor was willling to see me there and then. i now have to get to grips with what fibro means and finally sort out my pain relief. im hoping with the information and support on here i can do that. :wave:
gizsam
UKFM Member

Re: hi

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:

Sorry to hear you have fibro but you have come to the right place for help and support.
It is a lot to get your head around as there are so many symptoms.

Any questions just ask, we are here to help support you through all this. :hugs: [chocolate]
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gizsam » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Thanks,i went for my ortho appointment expecting a date for an op,but the doctor felt that more was going as i have an increasing list of symptoms,so mi glad i got some answers ie the fibro diagnosis but it going to take me a wee while to get my head around,and work is becoming a little as im struggiling with a few things and working for the nhs is not the most understanding employer!!! I happen to have an occ health review on wednesday so hope to get them on my side!!
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:40 pm

:wave: :wave: :welcome:
sending therapeutic [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :wine: :wine: :flowers:
and of course
big purple hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 pm

ive just read my 2nd,sorry for spelling mistakes and missing words,my head is not with me,and its getting worse!!!!! :lol:
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi Caz dont worry we all suffer from foggy heads its one of the symptoms that is so difficult to come to terms with. :welcome: to the forum, if you have a look around you'll see quite a few people on here who work for the NHS so maybe you will get some help from them :wave: :hugs: :wine:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby chuckles » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:50 pm

hello :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby kas0161 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:53 pm

hello :wav: hi and :welcome:
kas0161
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi Cat :welcome: to the forum, glad you have come to join us. :blowkiss: [chocolate] :wine: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:48 pm

:welcome: hi cat :D

i am fairly new here too and its a great little community :hugs:
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:06 am

thanks everyone,its been a week since the word fibro came into my life,ive realised as a nurse how little i know about certain conditions!
been for an occ health review they are really supportive and im going for monthly appts just to check in and see how things are going. i waiting until im on annual leave as of the 15th to start on pregablin as im worried about the side effects, but within a week i already feel that im not alone and i can get the answers to any questions i may i have on here......thankgod for the www....... :D :blowkiss:
gizsam
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello