[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Another newbie

Another newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another newbie

Postby Laurajojo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 am

Hi everyone. I am 45 and have been suffering now for about six months. I am in constant pain, mainly my legs and arms. The only time I am ever pain free is in a hot bath. Along with the muscle pain I suffer from severe migraines and very disturbed sleep. My GP as diagnosed FM and prescribed Nortriptyline. I do get very depressed sometimes and I worry the pain might get even worse. I have started the menopause as well within the last few months as well and wondered if any ladies have found that their FM symptoms began at that time of life as well or have heard if it can be a trigger?
Thanks for listening. Laura
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Re: Another newbie

Postby budda » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi there Laurajojo, and :welcome: to the forum, so sorry you are feeling bad,ILL try and keep this short, I went throw the change at 36years of age, GP said no, went to well woman clince and had tests, they said i was, took a break down, and then 2007 was told i had FM,they did not tell me it was throw any of those things, but when i reed things on the forum i think different, but am 52yrs now, doing fine, I have my bad days and my good, hope you are feeling better soon and glad you have come to join us, the friends on here are very understanding and are all lovely, this is from me to you. :hugs: :blowkiss: :flowers: [chocolate]
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Laurajojo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome budda. :wave:

I did ask my GP if menopause could be a trigger but he didn't think so, but so little is known really isn't it? Until I started reading up about FM I didn't realise that there were so many people out there suffering. Oh well, just taking it day by day. Thanks again for your reply and good wishes. Looking forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks for the :hugs:
x Laura
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby tazzajay 1 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:45 pm

:wave: Welcome to the site.~
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi Laura, :welcome: to the forum, I'm 50 and still not started the menopause apparently maybe becoming perimenopausal but my FM started before so in my case, no it didnt trigger mine. Glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :hugs: :wine: [chocolate]
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby chuckles » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:03 pm

hi laura :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks guys! :D
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby zsmummy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 am

Hi Laurajojo

I am also new here

I just wanted to respond to your post as i am just starting to go through the menopause and have felt my symptoms have got worse since then

You are not alone, reading other posts here there is lots of support for us :)

ZM
zsmummy
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:51 am

:welcome: to the forum Laura. :wave:

I am another one going through the menopause.
Not to sure whether the fibro has brought this on early or not, :dunno: i had a hysterectomy but still got my ovaries.

I was DX with fibro 2yrs ago and only been going through the menopause for a few months so in my case the fibro has not brought it on.
My symptoms have got worse as got a mixture of health problems going on. I suffer with severe migraines as well plus other problems, i often feel my body is giving up.

Try to stay strong, the forum will help support you, we have great members on here. :D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Thanks again guys for the support. Your are all fantastic. You know it hadn't occurred to me until now that rather than the menopause bringing on the FM it could be FM that has brought on the menopause.

Shazq I sympathize with your migraines. Mine were usually worse around my period but now I'm not having periods and since I developed the FM symptoms, I just keep getting them all the time, at least once a week. Have you tried sumitriptan? It usually helps ease the pain.

Anyway big hugs to everyone! :grouphug:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:24 pm

one from one newbie to another :welcome:
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:51 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:06 am

Hi Shaz. My GP has put me on Nortriptyline for the FM. But I have had migraines for quite a few years now so I don't think it is that. Although they have got more frequent in recent months. Sumatriptan can make you a little dizzy sometimes but overall it is the best painkiller that I have taken so far for migraines. x Laura
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby shellcake » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi :welcome:
I'm 46 and perimen but I've had fms for 8yrs- started when i was preg with child no. 4
I did read once that fms can bring on early menopause but can't remember when and where.

Hope you get answers here :)
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:04 am

Thanks for the info shellcake! :wave:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello