[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi from ex nursing student/carer hom ed mum

hi from ex nursing student/carer hom ed mum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi from ex nursing student/carer hom ed mum

Postby animalhouse » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Just wanted to say Hi and have viewed boards as a stalker for a while and thought I would join so I can participate in all the great discussions and information available on here.

I am a 39 year old mum to 2 girls aged 14 & 12 and a 7 year old son who I started home educating in February 2010 when I decedided he was not gettting enough support from school.

Also in Feb I was involved in a head on car crash with my son whilst we had the bad snow and someone came over to my side and ran into us.

Fortunatlely I did not break anything so would heal quickly as I only had soft tissue damage i was told but..................now 8 months down the line I still have:

pains in my hands/wrists from the impact of resting them on the steering wheel (airbag came up) and a very painful back and hips not to mention other syptoms that have developed down legs, feet, chest, etc and tender points.

I was therefore diagnosed with fms/hypermoboility recently when my original symptoms have still not healed and developed others usual to fms.

I know I am lucky to be diagnosed so quickly but I am now trying to come to terms with the fact I was 1/2 way through training to be a nurse so thats gone down the pan, I was a carer for my mum and sister who has learning difficulties and I drive to drive 120 miles to care for them twice a week and I had also just started homeschooling my son.

I am finding it hard accpeting this after being so active and keep getting up thinking i am cured when i feel fine and it all comes back when i do too much.

i now know i have to accept and learn to manage my conidtions and pace myself.
his anyway. :wave:

this forum has been so much help my only comment is "life stinks".

on a good note - love the little messages and was dyying to know how you did them - just spotted them :tongueout:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: hi from ex nursing student/carer hom ed mum

Postby Graduate » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:24 pm

hi animalhouse

:wave: :welcome: to the forum

i'm so sorry things are tricky right now for you with all you have going on in your personal life as well as living with varied daily symptoms :dunno:

i'm so glad you finally decided to join us here on the forum and as you have mentioned there's a ton of advice and support just waiting for you so any questions, emotions, frustrations rants and such that you feel you need to express do so and you'll find that someone soon comes along to brighten your day

it is difficult to live with this diagnosis when we have so much planned for our lives, its a hard lesson to learn to pace yourself but one thing to remember is to always take good care of you, you can be no help to others if you do too much and suffer for the next three weeks :banghead:

:welcome: :welcome: to the forum

sending therapeutic [chocolate] :wine: :flowers:
along with big purple hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
Sorry to hear you have fibro, it is a lot to take in.

Sounds like you have a hectic life, try not to let fibro get in the way, i know its easier said than done.
Having a good GP helps and getting the right meds is important.

Are you able to train nursing part time?

Any questions just ask. :hugs: :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: glad you decide to join us and hope we can offer you support when you need it :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:43 pm

:wave: Hi and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have come to join us, look foward to speaking. :flowers: [chocolate] :wine:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Laurajojo » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi :welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 pm

hi :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:25 pm

thanks for all your support.

having this makes you feel like 2 different people or you are now looking in at someone else's life not yours anymore.

it is hard to recognise yourself.

i have given up nursing as have not been able to manage pain yet, am not able to care for my mother anymore and my other half having already been off work to care for me after crash has now gone back but only 3 days per week.

nevermind whilst in bed most of the time now there is always the minefield of benefits to skim through.

not getting anything yet but am trying to apply for dla, although i am not holding my breath after experiences on here. did not get esa as i did not have enough ni contributions so we are living on fresh air........... :roll:

yum yum..
tracey
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello