[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to forum..

New to forum..

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to forum..

Postby Legend35 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi all .Im 36, male .painter and decorator. I am new to this forum. I have been in pain for 4 years . I ache from my neck to my feet. have seen osteopaths,chiropractors, chinese herbalist,massagers. had 11 acupuncture sessions,epidural .back last year had a private mri scan . See a consultant with my results,he said there was nothing there to be concerned about, went back to doctors for a second opion ,she said the same . So ive kept taking the meds tramadol,diclofenca,paracemtamol. I find brisk walking helps and swimming. have seen another consultant last week with my mri scan results ,and he has said ive got 2 slipped disks and fibromyalgia. So I found this website , Please can anyone advise me on any help with this syndrome ? Is there a cure ? what helps you people ? Thank you in advance.
Legend35
UKFM Newbie

Re: New to forum..

Postby denys » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 am

Hi Legend

and :welcome: to the forum I've moved your post into here as you will get more answers. This condition affects everyone differently and therefore what works for one person won't necessarily work for another :yikes: Such as you say brisk walking helps you but for me I cant walk very far at all and if I try to push myself I cant move the next day. If I have something planned then I pace myself and rest up before the event and understand that I will need to rest after it.

There is no known cure as the condition is not understood, but that said some people have spontaneously improved to the point of being pain free, lots do not and of those who do improve some will relapse :dunno: :dunno: so on the whole its really mostly about managing your condition and finding what works for you

Anyway I hope you find some relief and that we can be of some use to you over time :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:39 am

:welcome: to the forum Legend. :wave:

There is so many different symptoms to fibro and it takes a lot to get your head around it.
Having a GP who understands fibro is a great help as there are still lots out there that dont believe in fibro.

Managing your pain can be a long journey as there are lots of different meds to try so dont give up if yours dont work.
There is no cure for fibro so try to get your pain under control the best you can.

Fatigue is another symptom and can knock you for six, learn to listen to your body.
Learn to pace your body, little steps at a time.

Have a read around the forum and any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:09 am

welcome to the forum legend :welcome:
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:40 pm

hi legend

:wave: :welcome: to the forum, you will find many answers to your question on here

it's nice to know we're not really going insane

looking forward to getting to know you
sending therapeutic [chocolate] :flowers: :wine:

along with big purple hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:09 pm

hi legend :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Welcome legend from another newbie :welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby Legend35 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:45 pm

Thanks for all the messages. Learning from reading other peoples posts.
Legend35
UKFM Newbie

Postby Dianne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi ,yes I'm new to the site too. Have found it has given m strength reading of others with same symptoms and problems,that others find hard to understand.
Dianne
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello