[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby stumblingfootsteps » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi,
I'm kinda new here, used to post a few years ago on various fibro sites. I just wanted to introduce myself and perhaps give people a little bit of hope that you can have life after fibro.

I'm 23 and have had fibro for 14 years now (at least!) but was only diagnosed when I was 16. Life then was terrible, for my entire time at high school, I pretty much went when I could, which wasn't very often. If I had physio or hydrotherapy that was me done for the week, but I now know that is because the therapists I saw then didn't have a good understanding of my condition, I have since seen some brilliant people who have made my recovery possible.

Anyway when I was 17 I got accepted on an adolescent pain management course at the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases and with a combination of exercise, therapy and common sense I've made a 90% recovery! It hasn't been easy, I've had a few setbacks, got glandular fever when I was 18 and I'm still capable of pushing myself too far and ruining what could have been a really good week!

I now run my own mobile hairdressing business, which I never thought would be possible, I was told at 16 that I'd probably end up in a wheelchair. I'm practically medication free, apart from the occasional painkiller and I sometimes have to take amitryptaline for a few weeks, but I finally feel like my life is my own. About 5 or 6 years ago I would have described myself as a "sufferer" but now it couldn't be further from the truth.

I find that diet helps and exercise, which was virtually impossible when I started, has been my saviour in a way. That is because they think my fibro is due to hypermobility, so to keep a decent level of muscle tone helps me to stay healthy and obviously keeping my weight down is less strain on my body. It's not something that has happened overnight, I still think I've got a way to go. I just thought I could perhaps bring something positive to the forum.

Anyway thanks for reading! xxx
stumblingfootsteps
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby shazq » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:20 pm

:welcome: back. :wave:

Glad to hear you are feeling much better now. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, hope is an important thing with our condition as without it you have no life. It's really good to hear how you have come through and here's hoping things stay that way for you. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby chuckles » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:11 pm

hi :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:07 am

:welcome: hi there~so good to hear your experience [chocolate]
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:56 am

:wave: Glad to hear you are feeling better!
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby shellcake » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:03 pm

It's good to see someone who has found a way to get a good long remission. Keep up the good work. :wave:
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Postby ahmir » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:31 pm

hi there im new too good to hear someone whos managed to cope well hope to do the same
ahmir
UKFM Member

Postby mooch » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Thats fantastic..I'd love to be back to my normal self. I used to be super slim and very fit. I used to train down at the gym..but sadly now the pain is too great for me. I am waiting for Hydrotherapy so I hope that might be the start of something.

I'm new here too so hello and welcome :grouphug: x
mooch
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello