[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi I'm new...

Hi I'm new...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi I'm new...

Postby Charleyy » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:27 am

Hi , I'm Charley and I'm new on here so thought I'd introduce myself....
I'm 17, I live in the South East (a non- posh bit of Surrey), go to college to do 4 A'levels and I looooove music - I used to go to gigs all the time.

I have CFS and fibromyalgia and my legs decided to stop working so I'm in a wheelchair. I've had CFS for about 4 years but only recently got diagnosed because originally I was told I was "being pathetic and that all teenagers tired and that I should get over it"....turns out if I'd been treated then, I would never have gotten this ill :x .The fibromyalgia has been slowly creeping up on me for the last 5 years after I had a horse riding accident and I HATE it! Sometimes the pain is so bad I want to chop my the lower half of my body off.

The last few weeks I've go majorly downhill so I can't go to college or go out and I seem to be spending all my time drugged up on painkillers watching daytime tv which is driving me mental! It's been really getting me down and while my mum is amazing and totally there for me, I'd love to be able to talk to people that are going through the same thing and understand what its like.

So yeah thats me...HI! :mrgreen:
Charleyy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi I'm new...

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:20 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Sorry to hear you have fibro but you have come to the right place for help and support, any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby chuckles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 pm

hi charleyy :wave: :wave:
so sorry to hear u are suffering so badly
and being so young,its so unfair
you are very brave and u should be
proud of yourself for getting to college let
alone studing for ure exams
looking forward to getting to know u
:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:34 am

Hi charleyy and :welcome: to the forum, so glad you have come to join us, sorry to hear you have FM at such a young age, but your mum must be very proud of you going to college, there is plenty of new friends on here to talk to, and i would be glad to be one of them, why dont you go back to your GP and tell him how you feel. Looking foward to speaking again, these are from me to you :hugs: :blowkiss: :flowers: [chocolate] :wine:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shellcake » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:32 am

Hi Charleyy :welcome:
I'm too and sorry you are dealing with so much so young.
I'm fairly new here, but it's great to see so many supportive people who know what this is like.
I also use a wheelchair.

If you find getting to college is too hard you can ask them to provide you with home tuition. Back when I did a bit of FE teaching the college would sort out home tutors for students on long term sick leave.
Of course it will depend on how you feel; pain and fog wise. But it's an option. Don't feel too contrained to do the A'levels in the usual time. You can take your time of you get the right support.
Good luck
:flowers:
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Postby Charleyy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:46 am

Haha thankyou :mrgreen: :hugs:
It's great to know that there are other people out there that think Fibromyalgia sucks.
I have "acute" fibromyalgia and moderate CFS at the best of times, but these last two weeks I've had a MAAAJOR flare up so I am stuck on the sofa and the daytime tv is seriously starting to do my head in haha :banghead: there is only so much houses under the hammer a person can watch without going a bit bonkers!

I was just wondering, don't know if any of you will know this - but is is quite rare to get fibromyalgia at my age? Because on all the different websites etc I've looked at, the majority of people seem to be 25+.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :hugs:
Charleyy
UKFM Newbie

Postby deathvalleydemon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:11 pm

I can relate to wanting to cut off the bottom half of your body, I feel like that with mine :( :(
deathvalleydemon

Postby Charleyy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Aww no :( it's so bad isn't it :( :hugs: It's good to finally find people that understand though.
The only bits of me that aren't painful right now are my nose and right elbow...if I chop the rest off there won't be much left :(
Charleyy
UKFM Newbie

Postby deathvalleydemon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:53 pm

deathvalleydemon

Postby Charleyy » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Yeh my fibro was caused by an accident aswell - I think thats quite common because the accident would screw up the nerves etc.
Hope you get diagnosed soon, then they can start trying to treat it an ease the pain a bit.
I can't walk around either - I'm in a wheelchair, you might find that a chair would help you get around a bit better so you can feel a bit more independant - I know it's really helped me.
At least your wife understands and can support you through this :D. I know how you feel though - I feel like such a burden on my family because I always used to help out with everything and now on some days I can't even make my own drink :(
Charleyy
UKFM Newbie

Postby deathvalleydemon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:19 pm

deathvalleydemon

Postby ahmir » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:33 pm

youve been through so much already. i hope somehow thing get better for you
ahmir
UKFM Member

Postby deathvalleydemon » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:36 pm