[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New Member

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Mumeeka » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Hi all i am new to all this as i was only diagnosed with Fibromyalgia/ME 3 days ago after 5 years of constant chronic pain and other symptoms e.g sore painful sensative skin, severe back pain and leg pain along with numbness and tingling, severe headaches and chest pains, forgetfulness, memory loss ect ect....i am 36 years old but feel more like 76, i have 3 teenage daughters and feel amost like i have failed them, after all isnt it meant to be my job to look after them? Also my wonderful caring loving considerate patient husband had severe heart failure last year and is now waiting for open heart surgery within the next few months, how am i supposed to support and care for him when i am constantly exausted in agony and tearful? at the moment i have been started on Duloxetine, Dihydrocodeine and lomotil for the tummy upsets and i also have an underactive thyroid and am on thyroxine...this condition has ruined my life and if im honest the only reason i havnt given up as yet is my brilliantly supportive family and friends, and obviously my husband and 3 beautiful daughters but after finally getting diagnosed i feel like i have been set free...like i can now focus on sorting out my meds and getting back some quality of life and also be there for my kids and my ill husband...so there thats me, hope i havnt bored you all to tears..thanx for listening Lorna xxx
Mumeeka
UKFM Newbie

Re: New Member

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby chuckles » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:01 pm

hi lorna :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:22 am

Hi Lorna and :welcome: to the forum, no you havent bored us, we have all been there, GP thinking we are going crazy :crazy: , and then when you get a name for what we have, it does seem that we have been set free, you did not ask for FM, it chose you, it takes time to get your meds sorted, but you will do what is best for you, its great you have a family there to support you, a lot of us dont, and you will fined the strength from some where to support your OH, the more you worry then you will stress yourself even more,I try and take one day at a time, it works for ME, hope you feel better soon, keep in touch, this is from me to you :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Mumeeka » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:33 am

Thanx budda what a lovely warm welcome and thanx to the others too it means alot...not quiet used to all the understanding but i am shouting from the rooftops about this site, its just so nice to be able to just write how i feel and know that SOMEONE is listening and can understand, i think this forum will be vital to my learning how to cope so i thank god that i found u all.

My gp is very unsympathetic,maybe its coz she is old and so has diffrent views but now i have a pain specilist and a consultant behind me, i was wondering if anyone knew about wether Fibromyalgia is classed as a disability as my gp says no but consultant says yes??? :/

I have today been brought a beautiful flowery walking stick by my parents as the one i had was my grandads lol so now ill be proud and loud using my stick when i can raise the energy to go shopping lol thanx again guys for making this feel more posistive and making me realise you can have a life AND fibromyalgia xxx
Mumeeka
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Lorna, :welcome: to the forum, hope you find some comfort here. Glad you have found us and look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:44 am

hello and a warm welcome :welcome:
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello