[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi there.

Hi there.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi there.

Postby ginnie » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:49 am

Hi everyone.I just thought I'd introduce myself.I'm 62 years young,my hubby Richard and I have been married for 37 years on Dec 1st and we have 2 grown up children Steve and Clare.We also have Georgie our 3yr old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and Tigger our 9yr old neurotic Cat.

I've had Fibro and CFS since 1989,although I only finally saw a Neurologist yesterday about this,I've only gone through my GP up to now!I was also diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2 in January.

This apparantly has resulted in me having Neuropathy,they're not sure which type yet but have had it coming on for 6 years now.I have Adhesive Arachnoiditis ,due to the Myodil dye being injected into my spine and setting there and in my neck and effecting the Myelin sheath and nerves in my spine.

The Dye was banned in the States in 1970 but not here until 1987,I had it done in 1970!!.I also had a stroke in 2000 which affected my speech and right side but I'm more or less back to normal with the speech and reading now,except when I'm tired!lol CFS really helps that.

And thats me in a nutshell.I still manage to walk with my stick although I dust my wheelchair if we go away or I want to join in walks etc on holiday.Apart from that I just take a day at a time,like everyone else!I do manage to keep my sense of humour and laugh at the most absurd things,otherwise I really would cry.

I'm also very lucky to have Richard who's always been there for me and who really is the love of my life,along with Steve and Clare,who I wish we saw more of,but chat to a few times every week.

I'm so pleased I've found this site,because although I've hat this hatefull disease all these years,it's only recently made me feel rather lonely and scared and realise I need to talk to people who know what it's really like.Thanks for letting me go on!I think it's relief more than anything knowing I can help myself and hopefully make new friends.

Take care,Ginnie :)
Last edited by denys on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To make reading easier for foggy heads
ginnie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi there.

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:50 am

hi ginnie and a warm :welcome:

you will find plenty of support and friends here, i am fairly new here myself (i have a ten month english springer :wink: )
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:02 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:43 am

Hi Ginnie and :welcome: to the forum, please dont feel alone with this anymore there's loads of friends here. Your family sound lovely and really supportive. Looking forward to getting to know you :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi ginnie :welcome:

Your family do sound lovely. I also love the sound of your 9 year old neurotic cat. I have a 10 year old one myself! :D
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:27 pm

hi ginnie :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:36 pm

:welcome: , glad you've come to play with us here, I love the sound of your neurotic cat, made me smile :) We see a couple of cavvies when we are walked by our springie girlie. They're lovely dogs, lots of fun and character. Hope you don't feel so bad now you've found us :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Hi ginnie and :welcome: to the forum. :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello