[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new to this...

new to this...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: new to this...

Postby gizsam » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:20 pm

I dont think people truely understand the impact it has on ones life and relationship,we are at the prime of our life and should be enjoying ourselves, i get so angry at times that i feel all i do it whine and moan!! My hubby and i moved to cumbria 3 years ago as we enjoyed the fells and walking and that has gone out of the window!

I think it takes a strong partner to cope with what they have to put up with and we wouldnt manage with out there help.

I think im waffling now :lol:

Cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby Christopher » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 am

your not waffling cat you are spot on and hit the nail on the head my wife has to put up with so much and yet i try not to get snappy or upset or even annoyed as i know its not her fault that i have this to contend with but sometimes i just cant control what comes out of my mouth in regards to snappy or angry answers to aperfectly normal question she is asking and it is extrremely hard my children are12yrs 8 yrs and i have a step son of 28 yrs also i have twin grandaughters 6yrs and a grandson 8mths and when everybody is round an i feel as though i cant cope i go extremely quiet cos i know its better to be quiet and in pain or i take myself off to another room and everybody knows exactly why i do it and they just leave me to get on with it and sorry i'm waffling now cat but you are exactly spot on :needhug:

chris
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:14 am

hi chris :wave: :wave: :wave:
and :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby Graduate » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:25 am

hi and :wave: :welcome:

so sorry to hear you're going through it at the moment, i'm a relative nebie to the site also and since being on a month have found a whole new perspective and attitude

there are plenty of others who completey understand where you are rught now and will offer plenty of good advice and support,

sending herapeutic :wine: [chocolate] :flowers:

along with big purple :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xx
Be good, take care, see you soon :-)
Graduate
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:56 am

Both my partner and myself have fibro so we understand how much pain the other is in.

Its hard when we are both having a flare as neither of us are able to do anything, i still think i am the worse off though as i have crohns, server migraines & more on top of the fibro. :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Christopher » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:33 am

Hi Graduate

Thanks for your warm wishes and will definately catch up with each other and moan and cry and waffle

Thank you

And to Shazq

The biggest OMG to you i'm not sure whether it is a blessing that you and your partner both have it the good thing is as you say you both not what the other is feeling and i pressume when flare ups occur the other knows to back off and give you room and time to come back to normal

I am so pleased i have found this website and feel as though people understand me a bit more :woot:

Chris
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby kas0161 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:16 pm

i chris im quite new to this :welcome: to the forum kas.
kas0161
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 pm

:hugs: i feel so much better in the week or so since using this site,we will continue to waffle at each other,in the attempt not to take our rough days out on our love ones. :) :grouphug:

Cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby Christopher » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:07 pm

here here, i definately think we should bounce off each other in the attempt to support each other and give our wives, hubby's, partners the break they deserve

chris :grouphug:
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:31 am

hello chris and a warm :welcome:

so sorry you have had such a terrible time but you have come to the right place for support and some laughs :hugs:
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Postby Christopher » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 pm

solicedreamer

thanks for the warm welcome and i could do with some laughs had quite a rough day today until earlier when i couldnt take it anymore and took myself off to bed had a sleep rested up and feel slightly better pain just a 7 1/2 out of 10

chris
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Chris and :welcome: Just been catching up on your post, not sure how I missed it. Glad you're finding lots of useful things on here. It is a big help being able to share worries, frustrations and ask things with people who understand what you're going thru. As for waffling on, don't worry about that, some of my posts have been epics and I often wonder if I make any sense at all, let alone get over what I was originally going to say :?

Your wife sounds like my OH, he puts up with an awful lot from me as I get to erupting point so quickly these days. Hope things start to improve for you soon :hugs: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Christopher » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:21 am

thankyou so much for the welcome fluffypuppy.

yes i think there are alot of OH out there who are really the ones who need to scream and shout for putting up with us - ha ha :D

:grouphug:
Christopher
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:55 pm

I don't think people understand how much pain your are in when you look perfectly all right. :grouphug:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello