[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - newbie :)

newbie :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

newbie :)

Postby neytiri » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi All. I have been here for a while but not really posted much.
I have been waiting to find out the truth about my symptoms before I got involved lol.

well yesterday I got my dx. . .
I have fms
have done for the past 4 years
docs think it was brought on after an opp I had
there were complications with morphine and it took days for me to come round properly.

anyway, the worst side for me is my legs
because my fms was ignored by my last gp
I have damage to my calfs
so bad that i can hardly walk

my new gp and the lovely rhumo doc I am now under are going out of their way to try and repair my legs
but they have told me not to get my hopes up

i'm only 38,single mum to 4 boys. . . . I want my life back !

I hate being in pain 24/7

no one around me understands what im going through :(

x x S x x :cry:
neytiri
UKFM Member

Re: newbie :)

Postby shazq » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum, sorry to hear you have fibro.

it is hard trying to explain the in and out`s for a fibro sufferer, you could print some info off and ask family/friends to read it.
Take a family member/friend with you to the GP or hospital visits as that helps both, they get to know more and they are there to listen to the things we later forget. :hugs:

:wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby shellcake » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:26 pm

:welcome: Sorry you've been through so much. I have poor leg use too. Use crutches and wheelchair.
It takes a while to adjust.
Hope the new docs help you sort out the pain to managable levels.
:fingerscrossed:

:hugs:
Remember you only have to live through each day once.
shellcake
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:37 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, I agree with Shaz, getting them to read information about the condition and seeing first hand how ti is affecting you is always the best way :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:02 pm

:welcome: I too have problems with my legs and use sticks and a wheelchair, it's not much fun is it :( but I'm glad you found doctors that are helpful :D

Fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:11 pm

:welcome: neytir. My main problems are with my legs, so I symphathize with you! Keeping them warm is the only thing that alleviates the pain a little for me. Sending :hugs:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby neytiri » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:50 pm

thanks for all the comments guys, nice to meet you all x x x
neytiri
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:43 pm

hi, its been good to reaad your posts so far and hi :welcome:

you have your hands full with 4 kids, i thought it was bad enough with 3 and our load of pets.

are you getting any help at present - might be able to get some care/support from social services don;t know if you have tried.

get an ot to assess for adaptions to your house as well susch as hand rails to get grab whilst going around or a perching stool.

nice to meet you anyway. :wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello