[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new to the site and saying hi

new to the site and saying hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to the site and saying hi

Postby gillyp » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:28 pm

I was diagnosed about 3 years ago with FM, since then I have good days and bad, sometimes I even get weeks when its not too bad. But then Zap back it comes and I have pain all over. I struggle to work even thought its a desk job my hands and arms hurt using the computer is not good and my concentration levels are bad. Trying to live with this thing is horrible and I would love to find alternative medicine that actually works as I hate loading my system up with drugs !

I have read soooooo much stuff on line about what I should do and what to avoid and what pain killers to use but nothing really works for me. I really want to find somebody who really knows about this stuff who can help me and guide me on the best thing to do. I am convinced stress plays a bit part and my job is full-on stress most of the time so that's probably not helping.

I am about to go back AGAIN to my gp who will probably just prescribe another pain killer. I just want some good advise - can anyone help ??

GillyP
gillyp
UKFM Newbie

Re: new to the site and saying hi

Postby shazq » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:30 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gilly. :hugs:

There is lots to take in, any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Gilly and :welcome: to the forum, glad you've found us and hope we can help :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 am

:welcome: to the forum glad you have come to join us Gilly :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Laurajojo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 am

:welcome: Hi Gilly. Glad you have joined us. Have you tried a tens machine for the pain. I have been giving one a go and it seems to work. It's just a matter of getting the settings right.
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby gillyp » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:27 am

I have not tried one but as the pain is in fingers, wrists, arms, shoulders, neck and feet - not sure where to place the thing first ?
Thanks
Gilly
gillyp
UKFM Newbie

Postby fabme » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm

:welcome: :wave: to the forum. Have you searched the forum for help, also post on the board there's usually someone who can help :D

Fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:17 pm

hi and :welcome: ,i giving acupunture a go at the minute and i feel it is helping.....

you will find lots of support on here

cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:09 pm

:wave: hi gilly
m.e~fibro~diabetes~high cholesterol...still smiling!
http://solsticedreamer-woolblankets.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello