[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - North Wales Hello and help i am frightened

North Wales Hello and help i am frightened

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

North Wales Hello and help i am frightened

Postby sunflower » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:15 am

Hi all,

Well i have been reading all the posts for a while now and not wanted to reply as its kind of admitting that i too Fibro. I was diagnosed by a consultant who just told me to get on with it, so have been completely left to try to come to terms with what she has told me, and to be honest - i havent. Last week i had a panic attack as my ribs hurt so much i just couldnt breath properly, and think that has now frightened me into thinking that I am not myself anymore. I am not sure what to do now, life just seems like everything is difficult, i am not one to sit down, its just not me, and ask for help - oh no. I work full time, which is a struggle, most days i end up crying in the toilet as it all just sends me into a panic and i am worried that i will loose my job if i keep going the way i am, so when i have a bad day i have been taking holidays. How do you all cope, or have any of you got your heads round having fibro? I am so angry that i have fibro, and frightened with what is to come, any advice would be welcome ....... oh gosh i have ranted and it was only to say hello from North Wales.
xxxxx
sunflower
UKFM Member

Re: North Wales Hello and help i am frightened

Postby shazq » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:47 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:54 am

Hi Sunflower and :welcome: to the forum, please dont be afraid, FM can be difficult to get your head round but we manage in the end. It's not life threatening but can be very life changing.

I live on the Wirral and used to work in North Wales but had to finish due to FM. The fact that you are managing to work full tme is great, but if you are finding it really difficult you need to speak to your GP.

Are you on any meds and if so which ones? Have you told work what is wrong with you and looked into adaptations to make your work life a little easier :?: or is it possible to reduce your hours a little :?: there are loads of options and lots to work through so take things slowly, one day at a time, baby steps is the way to go. Have a read through the forum and see if you can get any tips from the others and if the answer isn't there just ask :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sunflower » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi

Thank you for your replies, i have tried all different combinations of tablets and couldnt cope with the side affects so am on nothing but anadin at the moment. I am supposed to be seeing pain management at some point but its a long wait apparently.
Work do know what is going on and i now have got a special chair and desk and have also bought myself a heat pad which i just couldnt do without. They are understanding to a point but i am not sure they comprehend the problems i am having. I am also waiting for the day it will be used against me so i am working extra hard to prove my worth and not draw attention to my work. When i read about people not being able to work it frightens me terribly. I also am getting very anxious as the Fibro is now getting me very down, so coping is not as easy, and seems to be a constantly moving pain. I dont know how to learn the triggers yet. The rib problem started about 10 days ago now, and i really have been resting, much more than i normally do. Its all getting to much. I just want to smile again, i have a wonderful amazing husband and i dont want him to suffer either, he is trying so hard to cope with it all and do everything, but thats not fair on him. Does anyone have any positive thoughts on alternatives to drugs, also about diet??

Am so sorry to be a misery on the forum
xxx
sunflower
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:07 am

Be as miserable as you like as long as you crack a smile before logging off, we're all here to listen to each other and to try to help and support each other any way we can. Diet can be a contraversial issue and the best advice I think is to eat as healthily as you can :dunno: same as exercise, if you can possibly manage some then try to keep it up (I'm a fine one to talk as I cant exercise at all now!!) lots of people seem to rate hydrotherapy but the pool has to be warm, some try acupucture, physio, pilates loads of things. Have a read around the main site, especially in the alternative therapies board and hopefully something will jump out at you :hugs: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:56 am

:welcome: sunflower. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. I worry about work as well as it hurts so much to sit for any length of time. I find a hot bath at the end of the day give a bit of relief. Sending you :hugs: :flowers:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby Korakes » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:52 pm

I also live in north Wales and saw the consultant at the pain clinic in Feb, I got a tens machine off them which I had to use 3 times daily so no good if you work full time, they do tell you not to over do it but to work in short bursts which I work for 5 hrs and that is plenty with the Tramadol they give me and the fatigue it totally knocks me out the rest of the day and I now have the tens on for 3 hrs on a night for the pain. I also started a pain management course at Abergele Hospital this week and they tell you to delegate jobs its on for 8 weeks so hope to get lots of tips. How long is it since you have seen your GP if it is a while you can phone the pain clinic direct to find out how long till you get an appointment. Good luck Jean :goodluck2:
Korakes
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:01 pm

:welcome: sunflower, glad you've found us. What you've said about the rheumy sounds like the one that gave me my dx. I was given a leaflet and told to just get on with it as well :x

Don't worry about being a misery, lots of us have a good sounding off on here at times as we know others can understand how we're feeling and being affected by it 8)

There is lots of info and things on here. With what you've said about work, might it be worth printing up some of the stuff from here, such as the bit for the non believers, to give them more of an idea about how it can affect you??

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby efrem » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:23 pm

hello,my name is efrem and live in south wales with my wife carol.i have had fm for about 6yrs.as you are finding out work and fm is a constant battle.i battled for 1yr trying to work with fm(did not help my job was labouring).between the pain levels and fatiuge i had to give work up and have not been in work for 5 yrs now.each day is a constant battle but some how you muddle through it.each day i keep thinking why did i have to get fm especially when i was 34 when syptoms started and took another 12mths to diagnose.what a relive it was just to get a name for the symptoms.next problem was to get my head around what fm was about and what was to come.i find company to be soothing just knowing that somebody(wife)is there.i do find heat helps to ease pain levels although it never goes.also found an eletric massage bed also helps especially to get to sleep.when you want to do things you have to do things in moderation even when you feel like you can do it all,it does bite back if you get carried away.well if i rabbitt on any more you may well fall asleep.take care. :D
efrem
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello