[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie *waves*

Newbie *waves*

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newbie *waves*

Postby Morgana » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:18 am

Hello all!

I'm Mo and I was diagnosed (if you can call it that as it was the physio who said I had Fibro, everyone else I've been sent to doesn't believe in it!) at the beginning of this year.

I have been having problems for years, but everything finally came to a head on October 13th 2001. I travelled up to Covent Garden for a friend's birthday and was convinced I was going to die - I have never felt so unwell.

Bone scans, x-rays, MRI scans, nerve testing, blood tests, physio, and being fobbed of as a hypochondriac... and here I am, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis, food/drug allergies and all!!! :roll:

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Hugs

Mo
xxx
Morgana
UKFM Member

Location: A filing cabinet in Hell... or at least that's what it feels like!

Postby somebody_else » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:48 am

Hi, sounds familiar. But please know that not all doctors are the same. Some do believe in it and a few actually even care! It's just finding them which is the problem!

Welcome though, here you will always find people who care. :-)
Hashimotos, CFS, FMS, PTSD, Anxiety. Gosh, I have more letters than the doctors who diagnosed me!
somebody_else
UKFM Member

Postby joyaura » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:55 pm

Welcome Mo

I am joy had Fibro 16yrs .I think maybe all our storys much the same in finding someone that believes you and in fibro .

Do you live in near London ?

I am sure this site will be of help to you

Joy x x
You only get one first chance to met someone - smile and say hello
joyaura
UKFM Member

Postby Morgana » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:52 pm

I live in Surrey... or the Fifth Circle of Hell as I fondly call it!

Had an horrific allergic reaction to some painkillers last night - I am running out of things I can take!

I am so glad to have found this site...

Thanks

Mo
xxx
Morgana
UKFM Member

Postby Kristine » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:08 pm

Ewwwwwww, Mo, was it Voltarol?? I was hospitised after getting Voltarol suppositories when I was having lithotripsy for a kidney stone years ago, thought I was going to cark!!

I hate drugs.

Kristine x
Kristine
UKFM Member

Postby Morgana » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:31 pm

Hiya

This time it was Paracetamol with caffeine... before that it was Tramadol... and before that coedine... then we have ibruprofen... and Votarol...

I am thinking of cutting myself into little pieces and feeding them through a leaf mulcher - would probably hurt less!!!

:wink:
Morgana
UKFM Member

Postby AndreaC » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:08 pm

Aww Mo!

I am so sorry you are having such a bad time of it! I find pain killers do absolutely nothing, naddah, ziltch for me. Most of us are on Amitrytiline, or Nortytripline, or other anti-depressants as they are muscle relaxants and *can* help with pain, although I dont know how much help they are most of the time.

I am Andrea, been suffering for 8 years, but only diagnosed about 2 months ago.

It is a struggle to find a good doctor who can help, but once you have one, it makes a lot of difference. So keep trying. Might be worth going private and getting an appointment with a Rheumatologist - or even demanding to be refered on the NHS. The rheumie will be A) more qualified to diagnose and B) more likely to be able to help you. Once you have the offical diagnosis, the doctor has to help.

Hopefully you can find comfort in being here and knowing you are not alone! There are plenty of us here who will listen to you and offer advice from our experiences. So feel free to PM me or to ask/rant/cry as much as you like. I think we all do it here :)

Gentle hugs

A
I usually try to take things one day at a time, but lately several days have ganged up and attacked me at once ;)
AndreaC
UKFM Member

Postby Morgana » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:25 pm

Hey Andrea

I also have Interstitial Cystitis so I am on Ami already. I am prescribed 10mg up to 50mg, as well as Detrusitol and Calcichew. I find that if I go over 20mg of Ami I end up resembling a cast member of Shaun of the Dead!

I work full time in an Estate Management department (recently promoted from Reception), which is very high stress due to all the cr** I inherited from the person before. In the month I have been there I have been in so much pain it isn't funny... but I didn't mention it when I was interviewed because I had been unemployed for 23 months after being made redundant and I really needed a job.

I have been finding that my hands are getting stiff and locking up, my wrists are hurting, my shoulder blades feel as if I have two balls of fire trapped behind them, and my right knee and hip keep having a purple paddy.

I have seen a Rheumatologist twice. She doesn't really believe in Fibro. She says I have some of the pressure points that are said to point to it, but really she doesn't know what she can do for me. It was the physio she sent me to that said - no doubt about it, I have treated enough cases, you have Fibro.

If anyone knows of a field I can go to where they would be willing to shoot me - pm me!

:lol:
Morgana
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie *waves*

Postby Morgana » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Hi guys, haven't been on here for an age but now my Fibro is completely taking over my life... add to that I now have PCOS, Asthma, B12 deficiency on top of the IC and over active bladder. Saw a rheumatologist a few weeks ago... he's lucky I didn't deck him. I have to remove all physical and psychological stress from my life, exercise, take painkillers (that would be all the ones I have already tried and am allergic to!) and "adjust and adapt"!!! My GP says my Fibro is getting worse, and that I need to listen to my body :shock:

I am currently struggling with stress at work because they want to cut my hours from 40 to 20... my body would love that but my bank account won't! I've also noticed my brain fog is getting worse... so much so that I forgot I had an account here and just signed up for a new one! :crazy:

I am so stressed I don't know what to do... looking for some sanity maintenance :yikes: :yikes:
Morgana
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie *waves*

Postby shazq » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum Morgana.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello