[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New here

New here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here

Postby gill44cardiff » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:29 pm

:) Hello

I am Gill from cardiff married with an understanding husband.Lucky me

Have been reading up on (fms) have related symptons,which are getting that bad I now use a moblity scooter.

Have been for bloods and certain tests per usual things, but as yet only told stress and asthma are the problem.

Untill last week when I decided it's enough....I am awaiting an appointment at chronic pain clinic.

How do you get tested for (fms).

I am constantly battling with fatigue not able to do a shop at asda unless in a scooter, I ache from my kneck to my waist.

Suffer with asthma also if I push myself and chest infections.

Thanks for reading Gill
gill44cardiff
UKFM Newbie

Re: New here

Postby seahorse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:02 pm

My doctor referred me to a rheumatologist and he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia.
I also use an electric wheelchair most of the time, I had a manual wheelchair but my arms are losing strength too :(

I'm new here too, but welcome and hope you get sorted xx
seahorse
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:03 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gill, as has been said it's normally a rhuematologist that diagnoses FM but some doctors do it without referring. There is an 18 point test which identifies areas of pain, a map of which is posted in living with fibromyalgia board, have a read around the site and I hope you get some answers and relief soon :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Tessa W » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi Gill,

:welcome: I am new too :) hope you feel better soon
Tessa W
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:53 am

:welcome: to the forum Gill and Tessa :flowers: [chocolate] :wine:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby gill44cardiff » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 pm

afternoon all thanks for the welcome.

In bed on me laptop playing bejewelled, that's even hard work.

Have looked atb the map seems the only thing that don't burn is me knees.
:shock:

Hope most are having a good day and not in too much pain. :grouphug:

gill
gill44cardiff
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello