[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Another newbie

Another newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another newbie

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:57 pm

Hello!

New here, been on a Lupus site (GP's suspected that for a while) but decided I'd like to find something specifically for Fibro as it's most likely that Fibro is the culprit for my symptoms. Nice to find a site where people understand how I feel :)

I had my first proper flare in June, just joint and muscle pains with fatigue, had a second in September with rashes/itching etc as well so they sent me off to a Rheumatologist who has made a working dx of Fibromyalgia. He's currently ruling out connective tissue disease/hepatitis etc (some anomalies in my blood mean I'm having an ultrasound of my liver on Tues) but so far my blood work only shows a vit D deficiency (started in the 2nd flare so a symptom, not a cause) and the x rays and ultrasounds of my joints are showing no damage so RA or arthritis is unlikely. I'm hoping to have my dx confirmed in January. I've recently had a month off work plus have been part time (10-3 then 10-4) for the past 3 weeks. This is likely to continue for some time.

Work are pressuring me to change my hours to suit them (I'm in Recruitment) to 12-6 or 1-7 but my GP (he's awesome) has written to them to explain why he's chosen 10-4 for me to allow me to miss the tube at rush hour and also to give me time to get ready in the morning and rest in the evening. (I normally do 8:30-6pm officially but reality was 8-6:30, often until 7pm, plus once a week we have to stay until 7pm anyway). I'm not sure how work will take the letter, they asked the GP for a timetable of how he expects me to get better in terms of when he'll expect me to do what hours etc, he has repsectfully explained the nature of Fibro is hard to predict and he will review me every 1-2 weeks. They also said that my hours were nothing to do with him, as he is a Dr and therefore ''doesn't know anything about Recruitment''!!!!!! :O

They also want me to tell them what the Rheumy will say in Jan, what drugs he will give me and what help he will give me - of course I can't possibly know this, providing all goes well he will Dx Fibromyalgia officially, he is 99% sure it's that and nothing else like Lupus etc but I can't predict what treatment he can/will offer me at this stage as it depends on the Dx. As the industry I'm in is so competitive and I only started in June and have had loads of time off in my 6 months probation (due to end 2nd Dec but I daresay it will be extended) as I've needed 3 hospital appointments for my Dyspraxia, 3 for the Fibro, the month off sick, part time hours since then plus early finishes a few times to see my GP - I'm scared I may lose my job at some point over this :(

Ldyalb x
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Re: Another newbie

Postby denys » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:05 pm

Hi And :welcome: to the forum, it's unfair of your employers to ask for definitive answers as with FM nothing is sure, glad you have found us and look forward to getting to know you through your posts :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum.

Dont let your works bully you into returning to work, only go back when you feel you are ready to.
There are so many of us that have had to give in work.

It will be impossible for you GP to put a time scale on fibro because at the moment there is no cure.
You could print some info off on fibro and ask your works to read it, that might make them more understanding.

It great that you have a brill GP as that makes a big difference.

Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum ldyalb, glad you have come to join us, dont let your work bully you. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:27 pm

:welcome: to the madhouse, glad you've found us. Sorry to read about how things are and what work is like for you. Have you looked into the Disability Discrimination Act, as I think there are some posts that say it covers FM, also is there someone where you work responsible for seeing how your employer can help with changes/adaptations etc regarding your illness. As others have said, don't let them bully you. As they are asking for info from the rheumy re dx, meds etc, can you see if the rheumy will write to your employer with the info they are asking for.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Where to Say Hello