[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!!

Hello!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!!

Postby PrincessPoppy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 pm

:wave:

Hi All,

I wanted to introduce myself as I am gonna need as much help as I can get! I have been experiencing terrible fatigue and muscle spasms / twitches for a long time now (among other weird stuff!) and I have just been told by a rheumatologist that I have Fibromyalgia. However, the rheumatologist has not told me anything about fibromyalgia or what I need to to to get better!!

I already take Amitriptyline for a herniated disc and my GP has told me just to up my dose. I get the impression he thinks my symptoms are "psychological", but the muscle jolts are def not psychological! If I really fo have FM then that's fine, but I need to know what to do to make myself feel better! Can anyone suggest any books that I can buy or give me any advise on what I should be doing as at the moment I feel pretty awful!

Kind regards,
Poppy
PrincessPoppy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello!!

Postby libby63 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Hi Poppy, Well you have the diagnoises which is a good thing. The best advice I can offer you is to read as much as you can from the internet that seems to be the best place for information. You can get a NHS leaflet explaing Fibromyalgia.

I have to say I have found this forum incredibley valuable as, as you can see we are all experiencing the same and similar things. I take amitriptyline and have just upped my does from 20mg a day to 30 but, was advised by the pain clinic to take up to 50mg a day but, I was not prepared to do that.

Liz
libby63
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi poppy sorry to hear you are feeling awful at the moment :hugs: , we will all help you as much as we can so stick with us, and anything you want to ask just do so, even if you have got to have a good moan like the rest of us we are here to listen, hope you feel better soon. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:24 pm

:wave: and :welcome: poppy. Sorry to hear things are not so good at the moment. There is lots of info about things on here, anything you want to know just ask and we'll try to help, same with needing a good old rant and moan :woot: :woot:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Hi Poppy :welcome: to the forum, lots of us were left in the same position as you following diagnoses and I tend to think the best place for information is the internet, there are a lot of books out there and if you read through the forum you will find threads were people have named the books they found the most helpful, hope you feel better soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 am

:welcome: Poppy
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:09 am

:welcome: to the forum Poppy, any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello