[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from a newbie :)

Hello from a newbie :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a newbie :)

Postby m2kl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi all.

My name is Michelle and i have 2 children aged 3 and 5.

I havent been diagnosed with Fibro as of yet. My GP thinks its Fibro but is sending me to Rheumatology to be officially diagnosed. I do have a lot of the symptoms but i also have ME and endometriosis which cause me severe pain.

Recently(started in february) i have been getting different pains that are not from ME and they have severely worsened since the weather has become cold.

I have been suffering pain for 2yrs. I was diagnosed with endometriosis in may09 via an op, but the consultant has damaged nerves leaving me with permanent pain in my legs, the worse being my right leg. About the same time i started getting fatigue but at the time i put it down to illness(had a lot of chest and ear infections within a few months) and then i had my op so put it down to that. It still didnt improve so ME was diagnosed.

Then in feb this year i had a treatment for endo that put me in menopause and at the same time i started getting random pains and pains in my joints(caused by the medical meno). Well the treatment finished in august and pain has gotten worse so cant be put down to treatment.

I suffer pain everywhere, especially in arms, shoulders, neck and bad. My wrists and hands are very painful too and are very weak. I have fatigue as i mentioned. I also have the 'brain fog' and a terrible memory, poor concentration, and get my words muddled up. I am extremely sensitive to pain all over and if i bang myself or knock myself it hurts for hours. I have slept poorly for years too and have many headaches each day, though they are not severe. I also have depression, IBS and Raynauds syndrome.

So now i just have to wait for Rhuemy and see what happens from there. Am looking for some tips in coping as am finding things a huge struggle at the moment and am looking forward to 'meeting' new people and making some new friends :D
m2kl
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from a newbie :)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:00 pm

:wave: and :welcome: Sorry to hear what you've been thru and how it's affected you :hugs: We have lots of things on here with advice, suggestions and ideas. If you want to know anything, just ask and we'll do our best to help and support you. If you need a rant or moan, we're good with them as well :clap: :clap:

From what you've said, it sounds like you share a lot of the symptoms and other not-so-wonderful conditions with us. Hope you don't have to wait too long for the appt with the rheumy and it gives you some answers and a dx :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi Michelle, :welcome: to the forum and I agree with everything Fluppypuffy has said. We are here when you need us :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby m2kl » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks and nice hearing from you.

Going to take myself off exploring the sections now :)
m2kl
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:08 am

:welcome: to the forum Michelle glad you have come to join us, sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment :hugs: , we will help you as much as we can :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum Michelle, the winter is not a good time for us fibromites. :(
:goodluck1: with the Rheumy app. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:38 pm

:welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:31 pm

hi, you are in good company,

this forum ahs been a lifeline for me.

getting my own laptop (after sharing with hubby kids etc) was the best thing i ever did.

i can get on here, check weather, read news. etc all things that are difficult .

its good to know others are going through things with you adn support.

:welcome:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello