[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - another newbie

another newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

another newbie

Postby link » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I am 48yrs old i have two children lad and a girl and a wife that I've been with for over 25yrs and not forgetting my Doberman , and i come from derbyshire.I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia/hyper-mobility approx 6yrs ago. I have had my symptoms for well-over 10yrs. It took many years to get an answer from my GP as to what actually was wrong with me.It's true that you look good from the outside but feel exhausted from the inside.Every time i visited my doctor i used to get the impression that he thought it was all in my head,well i gave up going to see him,It was only when i saw a consultant rheumatologist that i felt someone actually believed what i was telling them.When i was 42 i had to take I'll health early retirement,If i had been diagnosed before this i might of had additional help.I know that it is impossible for me to hold down a full time job but have found myself a wonderful part time [casual] job.I find that i have to do something otherwise i seize up.I have looked at this forum on many occasions and it's nice to know that there is all of you lot out there who understand what it feels like and be able to share the experiences that we encounter
:wave: :wave: :wave: :xmaswave1: :xmastree1:
Last edited by link on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
link
UKFM Member

Re: another newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:44 pm

:wave: and :welcome: What you've said about your GP is something that lots of us have come across, unfortunately, hope you've got a better, more understanding one now :? Congrats on being able to manage the part-time job, I'd love to be able to do something but know full-well no-one would consider employing me when I can't guarantee I can get out of bed every day :cry: Nice to have you join us, anything you need to know, just ask and we'll see how we can help :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:44 pm

hi ian :wave:
good to have you with us :welcome:
like you say it is good to know that your not alone
with how you feel
even if you have a good understanding family they
can't possibly know how we feel, its a very hard illness.
love your pic, my daughter has a Doberman :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:27 am

Hi Ian and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have come to join us. :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the site

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi Link :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:09 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:36 pm

:welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby redana » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi, my name is Andrea, and i'm 44 years old.
I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and have started taking Amytriptoline. I had to reduce my work hours from full time to part time due to pain and fatigue. I make mistakes at work and get a lot of 'brain fog'. I am finding it very lonely as i can't do the things i used to love doing, such as cycyling, dancing, hiking, aerobics due to total fatigue and exhausted after over exertion. I don't go out anymore as i'm too tired, my family don't understand.
redana
UKFM Member

Postby Nic-nac » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Link and redana :welcome: There is thread on here called spoons try letting your family read it red it may help them to understand even just a little of what your going through xx
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:16 pm

:welcome: to the forum redana.
Sorry to hear you have fibro, it is a lot to get your head around, have a read around the forum and any questions just ask, we are all here to help & support you. :xmaswave1:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Hi Andrea and :welcome: to the site please dont feel alone as we all understand what you are facing :xmaswave1: :rudolph:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby redana » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi, thankyou guys for the hello. Every one seems so friendly on here and understanding. It's nice to know that i can come on here and chat with fellow 'Fibros'.
redana
UKFM Member

Postby link » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:44 pm

:wave: :wave: Thanks for the warm welcome :clap: :clap: :clap:
link
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:39 am

:welcome: Andrea and Link

andrea i fully undestand
used to be active
dancing bicycle walking for hours
helping mums getting buggies in buses
etc
:flowers:
lu
Last edited by fibro-lu on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello