[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from a Newbie in Leyland

Hello from a Newbie in Leyland

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a Newbie in Leyland

Postby Fifik » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Hiya

I was diagnosed with FM 2 weeks ago after 6 months of pure hell - didn't know if I would make it to December as I felt so low at times that I had actually thought of overdosing to take the pain away - if it wasn't for my boyfriend and his kids - I probable would have done so.

I've been reading a lot of the posts on here and FM seems to affect us all in different ways. I've been treated for arthritis for 7 years but suddenly in July I was admitted to hospital as I lost all use of the right hand side of my body - I spent 10 days in there undergoing tests and having steroid injections. Eventually I went back to work but have been off again since September as I collapsed in work and have not been back since. I have a meeting tomorrow with my boss and my union rep as work are not accepting that I have this condition - the thought have having to through this is making me so depressed.

On the bright side- I have found this site - and can speak with people going through the same - I've also joined the FM group on Facebook and I have the support of my boyfriend and a few wonderful friends to keep me going. Unfortunately they are not always around when you need a hug - I feel so weepy today - and do not understand why.
Fifik
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from a Newbie in Leyland

Postby denys » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi Fifik and :welcome: to the forum glad you have found us and you are not alone we can empathis completely with what you are going through and will support you as much as we possibly can, there will be times you feel down as it is a lot to come to terms with but keep on posting and as I said we will do our best to help sending loads of :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and some :flowers: to cheer you up :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:27 pm

:wave: and :welcome: Glad you've found us. Just ask about anything and we'll do our best to help you. There is a lot of info on here, as well as support and a bit of madness to keep us all going :crazy: :crazy: There is a lot to take in when you get the dx for FM, and it can have such an effect on our lives. With this and what you've got going off with work, I think I can understand why you're feeling like you've said you do. Hopefully after the meeting, your boss and work will have a better attitude and approach. Let us know how things go, and we're here for you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :flowers:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:44 pm

:welcome: to the forum, look forward to chatting. :xmaswave1: :xmasdance1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:52 pm

:welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:24 pm

hello and welcome......you are not alone,i fairly new to all this,and i didnt expect the diagnosis,there are days when i would like to give up
,but i come on have a whine,someone always replies and i feel better,its my lifeline......

cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby Fifik » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Hello - thank you for the nice replies. Have not been on since I made the original posting - have not had time as i've been getting some help with my FM. Feel a lot better at the moment as docs have increased the dosage on my tablets and I'm about to start a physio course in February - hopefully that will help.

now i feel better i will be logging on every day - its nice to have support from people that truly understand this condition.

Thanks again for your support its much appreciated.

Fi x x :D :D :D
Fifik
UKFM Newbie

Postby budda » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:41 am

:wave: Hi Fi look foward to speaking :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello