[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby tigra10 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Hi my name is Liz, im 38 years old, i have 2 kids and a 7 month old grandaughter. I was diagnosed with FM in August 2010 and have gradually got worse. I can no longer work with my pain, tiredness and stiffness. Most days are a struggle for me not just physically but psychologically too as i am finding it hard to come to terms with what i cannot do anymore. I rely on my husband for most things these days and thats a problem for me as im so independent (well was) before this horrible condition came along. Sorry for the bleak picture of me but i dont seem to be positive any more.
tigra10
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie

Postby Adele » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:32 pm

:clap: :welcome: :xmaswave1: hi liz,

welcome to the forum. i joined recently and this is a great place to whinge and moan, laugh and cry and give/receive support and information. you are in the right place!!!

sending you gentle hugs, adele xx

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi Liz, :welcome: to the forum glad you could join us and looking forward to getting to know you, it is a lot to get used to and takes time. We all understand what you are going through and will offer you our support whenever you need it. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum Liz.
There is lots to take in and it will take a long time to get your head around it, have a read around the forum which might help answer some questions you have.
We are here to help and support you so just shout if you want to ask us anything. :xmaswave1: :xmasdance1: :hohoho1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby link » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:24 pm

Welcome to the forum Liz :wave: :wave: .Know exactly how you feel .Took me years to get a diagnosis :banghead: .I was so active loved diy and gardening .I find everything is an effort these days :facepalm: It is difficult to accept that you need help with most things :( .The annoying thing is that when you have good days you have to be careful how much you do because you now you will pay for it later. :banghead: :banghead: .I've only just joined this forum myself and i find that it is comforting to know that there are people out there that know exactly how you feel. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
link
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi Liz and :welcome: to the forum i was only diagnosed in March this year so i can sympathise with you i to struggle with what i can't do anymore. You are in the right place the support you get on here is truly amazing. :hugs: :hugs: Carol x
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:51 pm

:welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby tigra10 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:46 am

:flowers: Thank you to everyone for lovely warm welcome i feel a bit better already to know that there are others who understand how i feel. I find it hard to explain how im feeling sometimes to my family and friends. My Mum was diagnosed with FM last year but she can have months of no pain where im constantly in pain and seem to be getting worse by the week, but at least she understands what im going through. Thanks again everyone. :flowers:
tigra10
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:06 pm

:wave: :wave: :welcome:
fabme
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello