[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - LONELY IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE

LONELY IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

LONELY IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE

Postby Adele » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:34 pm

hi. does anyone live in glos?

most of my friends drifted away when i became ill and could no longer leave the house. i now have a wheelchair and would like to meet people. i am 35, i have a dog but no partner or children. i enjoy going out for coffee and to the cinema. i used to go to comedy nights and would like to again.

part of me thinks this sounds desperate :oops: but i'm going to post it before i think about it too much.

:wine: :wine: :wine: this round is on me, cheers! adele x
Adele
UKFM Member

Re: LONELY IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE

Postby Nic-nac » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Wish I lived local to you adele but Im up in Scotland. Is there a fibro group near you that you could join and meet some new people :hugs: :santchimney1:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:00 am

oh well if you're ever in the area......

i tried my local group but i'm not up to taking 2 buses and a train each way. the lovely people at the DVLA took my licence off me in january for being on too much medication

adele xx :flowers:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:03 am

Adele, I wish I lived near you to but I'm on the Wirral in the North West. As Nic says you could really do with a support group to get you out with like minded people, have you looked on the front page there is a list of support groups and telephone numbers or ask at your docs. The OT gave me a number for a support group in this area but it has disbanded unfortuantley. Church groups can be good places to meet new people or even dog classes. Really hope someone comes along soon for you as I'm sure there are others from the Gloucester area on the boards :goodluck1: :xmaswave1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nic-nac » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:09 am

Oh adele that would be a nightmare of a journey, if I lived nearer I would gladly have taken you in my car. You mentined having carers would they not be able to take in the car?

I know its not the same as face to face meeting your welcome to add me on fb or to chat away on here :hugs:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:36 am

thanks. i'm sure i'll meet people in time. i'm dropping off to sleep now. i log on every night.

sweet dreams xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Hope you had pain free night and sweet dreams Adele,sorry i live in Glasgow, but i would love to be your friend on the forum, if i cant sleep am on most nights, and thanks for the drink cheeres :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: great stuff :tongueout:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:49 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :xmaswave1: :xmasdance1: :hohoho1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello