[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi everyone - beginning to think this is true!

Hi everyone - beginning to think this is true!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone - beginning to think this is true!

Postby spheon » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 am

Hi everyone - hope you are all looking forward to the festive season!I am new here and only been reading into FM a few days but the more I read the more I feel I have had FM for many many years albeit in it's infancy :( - my wife feels I am a hypochondriac :( perhaps I am but too many boxes are ticked3-4 years ago I hurt my shoulder which in my opinion was quite or what should have been a mild strain and it's never got any better aching with marble size gristle feeling areas - after 2 years of being dismissed by the GP and many sport massages and chiropractor visits I insisted on a referral as i hadn't had a full nights sleeps in months and I could hardly move on a morning. I have had several procedures privately in the last 6months with limited success - atleast most of the lumps have been broken up but the constant 'tooth ache' nagging pain and occasional stabbing pain - I read someone post somewhere like a vodoo doll which is exactly right is so disabilitating. I am a home office worker and found more than 20mins still I suffer for hours I not days.My life symptoms are scarily similar:I have always had digestive issues with suspected chrones disease and had my appendix removed -I rarely go a day without several morning bouts of diarrhoea
My feet, knees and hands are always cold even if I am hotI suffer from migraines and 4-5times a week awake with a fuzziness - not a headache as having migraines and bowel pain my threshold I would say is quite high - something that is listed here as 'fog' and what a perfect description!
I have night sweats where I awake literally as if someone had thrown a bucket of water over me - I shower and towel dry and lie on a clean dry towel and within minutes my skin tingled and I can actually watch droplets form and drip off me which severly effects my sleep
I suffer from insomnia badly and toss and turn especially with my shoulder and cannot seem to ever get my legs comfortable.
I have found certain trigger foods but obviously we still have to have a life - plums an coke trigger a migraine, milk/dairy, leafy salads (lettuce etc)and fatty foods such as mac'ds trigger abdominal pain. My abdominal pain even now has me in tears and rolling on the floor - I pray for rush to the loo for it to subside
My legs ache and I wear insoles but when the other half wants to drag me around the shops any more than an hour or so I can't stand because of shin pain without any real reason
I get extremely irritable (which reading the above now seems not unreasonable) and feel constantly exhausted - I am a work alcoholic and work to I drop but more recently very unlike me I just can't find the drive even my eyesight blurrs with what I felt was lack of sleep - I am extremely sensitive to noise din and drafts and become unreasonable when subjected to them - controlling my reactions sometimes stresses me out :(
My back effects my neck up into my head and most of the time I wish I could turn off my pain

The consultant that has undertaken 2 MRIs and 2 lots of deep steroid injections has now resigned I may have FM symptoms- and apologies to everyone here but I had never heard of it. He has only said symptoms but the more I read the more of my 'ailments' satisfy the common traits I might have it full blown? The consultant was appointed to attend to my back an therefore knew nothing of my legs, morning fog and bowel issues and nor did I know to volunteer same until what I have now read :(

Am I being a hypochondriac? Do you have to ache all over to have FM

I do eat/drink some trigger foods etc but some sites do indicate extreme behavioural changes. How now do I approach my GP when he didn't even believe I had a back problem at all?

Well that's my introduction I hope you can help

Thanks in advance

Jay

Ps one other alarming thing is I can't brush my teeth as soon as I get I for gagging - I have to wait an hour or so an it seems easier - is this related? Crazy but very stressful :(
spheon
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi everyone - beginning to think this is true!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 am

:wave: and :welcome: sorry to hear what you're going thru at the moment. A lot of the things you've described can be put down to FM, but there are other conditions/illnesses with similar symptoms as well. The usual route to a diagnosis is via a rheumatologist, altho there does seem to be a number of GPs that are making the dx as well. The dx for FM usually comes after a battery of tests and things have been carried out to see if there are any other factors causing the problems. A referral to a rheumy is usually done via by your GP, but with you saying that your current one seems to be dismissive of you, the only thing I can suggest for that is to try and see another GP at your surgery, to see if they are more understanding and helpful. If there isn't another one, then it might be worth considering changing surgeries.

With regard to having pain all over, if you have a look thru the posts on here, you'll find that, altho we share a wide range of symptoms, FM seems to affect us all very individually. There doesn't seem to be a specific pattern to symptoms.

Not sure what else I can suggest or say as my head is rather foggy at the moment. :goodluck2: Hope you can get to the bottom of things and find some easing soon. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll do what we can to help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi Jay :welcome: to the forum.
Sorry you haven't any answers to your problems yet, like flup said in the above post its best to try to get a referral to see a Rheumy as they are the ones who will normally dx fibro, once fibro has been dx then your GP will carry on treatment.

There are so many symptoms to fibro that its impossible to say what you have and this is why lots of GP`s/Rheumys can take a long time before they dx it, some like to rule other things out first. i.e M.E. Some Rheumys will do a tender point test to dx fibro.

Having a good GP on your side makes a big difference.

I have crohns, had it for about 17yrs now and had 5 operations. :( Have you had any tests for it yet? because Ibs is simular and another symptom linked to fibro

I read you have having problems with your eyes to crohns/steroids and fibro can all be link to eyes so you should have a eye test to get some answers.

Hope you get some answers soon. :goodluck1:
Any questions just ask.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:29 pm

Hi Jay and :welcome: to the forum, cant add much to what the others have said but would like to wish you :goodluck1: with your DX and :fingerscrossed: you get it soon so that you can start to move on, there is loads of useful info on here so look around, maybe print some off and show it to your wife any questions just ask and we'll do our best to help :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nic-nac » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:53 pm

Hi :wave: welcome this site has been a godsend for me let me know Im not alone and that their is people out there who understand what Im going through.
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 am

hi and :welcome: :xmaswave1: ,you arent alone anymore

cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:08 pm

:welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:58 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby redana » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Hi Jay, regarding your abdominal pain, i have I.B.S and food intolerances. I can recommend Mebeverine which you can take 20 mins before a meal, Buscopan to take for abdo cramps and Peppermint capules after you have eaten if your stomach feels yukky, hope this helps
redana
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello