[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi newbie here

Hi newbie here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi newbie here

Postby Starfish » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:45 am

Hi, my name is Tanya and i've just recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, for years i've been going to the doctors with my symptoms and finally this summer i pretty much just broke down on the doctors because i was in so much pain, i was sent to a rheumatologist in October and thats when i was finally diagnosed, i had xrays taken of my wrists and knees, which were clear, to be honest i'd never heard of Fibromyalgia until then so it was a shock. When i think back i was quite ill when i was 16/17 and have never been right since so i've been suffering for 10 years!!! I'm taking Amitriptyline 10mg a night and paracetamol 3 times a day, i'm certainly sleeping alot better (was having 2/3 hours a night before) but i wouldn't say the pain is any better, most days i feel like i've been hit by a bus then run over by a train :yikes: i'm back at the hospital in February for a checkup but i have a feeling they'll be changing my meds! Just wanted to find likeminded people who know how i feel as most of my family just think im being lazy (even though i work 35+ hours a week and run a house!)
Starfish
UKFM Member

Re: Hi newbie here

Postby gizsam » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:09 am

hi tanya.... :welcome: to the lifesaver,you arent alone,you can moan rant and offload here......i too was shocked about my diagnosis,i went to an ortho appointment and ended up the rheumology clinic!!!

any questions,no matter how small,can be answered here.....

any regarding family most of us are going the same issues...

heres to a great forum..... :xmaswave1: and :hugs:

cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:51 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the mad house Tanya. There is a lot to take in when you are dx with FM, it can take a while to get used to it and how it affects you. There is lots of info and support on here, with a bit of :crazy: thrown in just to keep us going :lol: :tongueout: If your pain doesn't seem to be improving with the paracetamol, it might be worth going to see your GP to see what other pain relief could be of help rather than waiting for your check up appt in February, it's a long time to be hurting and waiting.

anything you want to know, just ask and we'll do what we can to help. And we know you're not lazy, you'll be amazed at how many of us have had the same reaction :evil: :evil:

:snowman1: :snowman1: :rudolph: :rudolph: :xmastree1: :xmastree1: :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :snowing1: :snowing1: :snowhappy: :snowhappy: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tanya. :xmaswave1:
Any questions just ask. :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Tanya and :welcome: to the forum, glad you've found us :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Laurajojo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:07 pm

:welcome: Hi Tanya. You are definitely not alone! :xmaswave1:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby Starfish » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks for the welcome :) , finally somewhere i can visit and people understand what i'm going through :crazy:
Starfish
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Tanya :welcome: to the mad house :xmaswave1: :xmasdance1: :xmasdance1: :xmastree1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Nic-nac » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Tanya :wave:
Ive only recently found this site and the support , friendship has been very welcome. Its brilliant knowing your not alone and that there is others who totally understand. Even though my mother in law had fibro and my mum has ra I actually get more support and understanding for friends, families who'd have em :roll:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:56 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:
fabme
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello