[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby Nellyphant » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:50 pm

I went to see a Rheumatologist on Sunday and she was basically diagnosed Fibro. I say basically as yesterday I had an x-ray on my pelvis to check for inflammation (the radiologist hinted that I have wear and tear to my hips when I was wincing getting up off the couch) and more blood taken to make sure that my results are the same as the last time my GP did them - thyroid function etc.

I have suspected Fibro for a number of years now and can trace back symptoms as early as my teens - I turned 40 in August.

I'm glad to be able to put a name to it though and know that it isn't all in my head!

I've suffered from bowel problems since being a toddler and never been able to sleep properly all my life so I think these may be the reasons I developed fibro as I haven't had a major accident or trauma in my life.

This year I have also been diagnosed with severe osteo-arthritis in both knees (looks like the hips are the same) and had malignant melanoma on my neck. 2010 hasn't been my year! but at least things will start to get sorted now. I'm waiting for referral for physio for fibro and I'm intrigued to see what they find on my x-ray.

I'm going to sit down with my DH and work out a 'plan' to regulate my days to try and help with the tiredness and pain and also get some of my excess weight off to help. I know that certain food groups don't really agree with me anyway so I'm going to make a concerted effort to cut them out of my diet.

I haven't told any of my family and only 2 friends so far as it all feels surreal and I do worry that no-one will take me seriously as I'm sure most people think that I make up my pain and tiredness - probably just think I'm fat and lazy.

I'm looking forward to 'getting to know' some of you.

Nic
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Re: Hello!

Postby shazq » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:59 pm

Hi Nic :welcome: to the forum.
You could print some info off from the forum and ask your family/friends to read it to save you having to explain to everyone what fibro is and how it might affect you.

It is a lot to take in. :hugs: Have a good read around the forum and any questions just ask. :xmaswave1: :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :hohoho1: :xmasdance1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Nic-nac » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Hello and welcome from another Nic :D :wave: This forum is great for getting help and support xx
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby Laurajojo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:53 pm

:welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi Nic and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have come to join us in the mad house :tongueout: , all good friends on here, everyone is going throw the same thing, so we understand what each other is going throw, look forward to getting to know you :santchimney1: :xmastree1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Nellyphant » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:26 am

Forgot to add some background on myself!

Turned 40 in August, have a beautiful 4 year old daughter, 2 gorgeous dogs and the most wonderful DH. He's been doing so much around the house and actually said last night that he feels that he doesn't do enough! I think he does too much but that's 'cos I feel a bit inadequate.

I gave up work in 2004 due to stress, tiredness etc and then had my daughter in 2006. I don't claim any benefits or anything 'cos I always felt that I wasn't 'really ill' IYKWIM and wouldn't be entitled to anything. At least while my DD is at school my NI contributions will be paid.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby Starfish » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:11 pm

:welcome:
Starfish
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Nic and :welcome: to the forum glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you better, we're here to offer support and comfort and a bit of a giggle when its needed :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolnotts » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Hi Nic and :welcome: to the forum you have come to the right place to for help advice or just an ear to listen xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:23 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1: :xmaswave1:
fabme
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello