[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello - Newbie Here!

Hello - Newbie Here!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello - Newbie Here!

Postby Jai03 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello to all,

I've just stumbled across this website and wanted to say hello to everyone. I was diagnosed on Tuesday this week with FMS and I am still trying to understand and come to terms with it. My name is Jaime and I live in Lincolnshire. I'm 31 years old and have suffered for many many years with different aches, pains and symptoms. But it was only this week after seeing a Rheumatoid Consultant that he has diagnosed Fibromyalgia Syndrome.

Part of me feels relieved that finally I have managed to rule out being a hypochondriac, but another part of me feels a bit lost with what to expect now. I have done some reading, but probably not enough.

I work full time at the moment, have a nearly 3 year old and a partner who works away most of the time. I find life a massive struggle at times (probably like most of you) and don't really know what to expect treatment wise now. I am attending my first physio appointment next week and have pain management clinic as well next week.

Anyway enough about me for the mo, just wanted to say a big Hi to everyone and see if there was any advice any of you could give someone who knows very little and feels a bit lost!

Jaime x
Jai03
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello - Newbie Here!

Postby Adele » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:55 pm

:welcome: to the forum jaime :welcome:

i'm afraid my brain isn't working today. :facepalm: you are however in the right place for information, to have a rant, ask questions, have a laugh or to play a game.

best wishes, adele xx :hugs:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jamie. :xmaswave1:
Sorry to hear you have fibro, have a read around the forum, there is lots to take in but dont worry we will all help and support you through it. Any questions just ask. :xmaswave1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolnotts » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Jaime and :welcome: to the forum there is a great bunch of people on here for advice or just to lend an ear xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:14 pm

:wave: and :welcome: Jaime. Welcome to the FM Club 8) There is a lot to take in when you get the dx and it can take a while to all make sense and sink in. Hopefully when you go to the pain clinic, they will be able to talk you thru the various treatment options that are available. As for what to expect with FM itself, if you read thru things on here, you'll probably find that it affects all so individually, altho we share a wide range of symptoms. Have a good look thru the stuff on here as there's a lot of info on here that might be helpful to you.

If there's something you want to know, just ask and we'll do our best to help you :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Nic-nac » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:21 pm

Hello welcome This is an amazing site always somebody about to help.listen and offer advice or a cuddle :wave:
Nic-nac
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:20 am

Welcome to the site :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: but sorry you've been diagnosed with this horrible thing :evil:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:46 am

Hi Jaime, :welcome: to the site as the others have said there is a lot to take in and this condition affects everybody differently, its the same with medication and treatment unfortuantley, what works for one person will not neccesarily work for the next.

So as has been suggested, it's best to read through the info on here, digest little bits at a time (another complication, our brains dont always function fully, we call it fibrofog and it can make taking in anything difficult!!) so little and often and if you want to know more or are worried about something then just shout and someone will eventually answer.

It can take a while because due to the way this condition affects us, we aren't always able to get on every day so the person who can answer your particular question the best may not always be around when you are. But dont worry we get there in the end :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tigra10 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:20 am

Hi Jaime im relativley new on here also and was diagnosed in August of this year. I still cant come to terms with this horrible illness but in time i know i will need to. Welcome and this is a good start for you to come on here. :)
tigra10
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:46 am

hi and :welcome: ...im fairly new too,you find lots of info and support here.

cat x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jaime :xmaswave1:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Nellyphant » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Jaime!

I'm new too. I got diagnosed on Sunday and have the same feelings as you. Sooooooo glad I found out that there is something wrong with me, just wish it hadn't taken 20 years to get it sorted.

Everyone on here seems to be friendly and welcoming.

Hopefully we'll be able to get our heads around this soon. xx
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello