Recently diagnosed!...Hi all!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Recently diagnosed!...Hi all!!

Postby izzy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi..,never posted on a forum before so please forgive me if I ramble a bit too much!
I have recently been diagnosed by the consultant, with Fm along with ??sjogrens syndrome.Aparently there are overlapping symptoms between the two.I am just relieved to have a name to something I've been battling with for the last 5 years.To be fair,my GP had put me on the right tabs to cope with Fm and the consultant did sing her praises. He said it probably was the RTA in '03 that started the whole ball rolling.I'm annoyed to think that she could have suspected this ages ago and not told me and its took this long to confirm.Still,now I know what I've got....I can begin to cope with it on a more firm footing so to speak!
Anyway...I'm 53 years old and kids all flew the nest ages ago!lol.Having read some of the threads on here I know that some of my problems are not unique to me which is a big relief to some one who thought she was going mad!!
Looking forward to "chatting" with you all on the forum!!
Izzy
izzy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Recently diagnosed!...Hi all!!

Postby denys » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 pm

hi Izzy and :welcome: to the forum, sorry you have this wretched condition but glad you finally know whats wrong. At last you know its not all 'in your head' look forward to getting to know you too, we are quite a friendly place and if you have any questions just ask. :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 pm

hi izzy

:wave:

:flowers:
lu
Last edited by fibro-lu on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:12 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to the site

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:32 pm

:flowers: :welcome:
welcome to the forum izzy

:hugs: adele xx :blowkiss:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:37 am

:welcome: to the forum izzy :wave: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:13 pm

:welcome: to the forum Izzy. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello