[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New today hello all.

New today hello all.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New today hello all.

Postby xyz1000 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi everyone have read through a few post and think its really great how you support each other.
I have been having alot of pains and tiredness sleepless nights for last six months or so and a couple of doctors have said
the think it could be Fibromyalgia, although still doing blood tests at present.
I am just having painkillers at the moment as and when I need them. I just wondered how you manage?
I am finding it such a struggle ..... I work full time in a physical job and am a single parent. I dont know
how long I can go on doing this .......... everyday I want to call in sick but push myself to go, I am so tired everytime
I go to bed the pain starts then wakes me then I wake in pain, the continuing pain is pulling me into a mess. I try and
stay as positive as possible but some days it beats me big time. I feel so sorry for my child seeing me like this it
must be awful.
How can I call work and say I cant work as I have pains everywhere? Anyone else understand this any ideas?
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Re: New today hello all.

Postby loubie » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:43 pm

hi :welcome: :wave: :wave: :wave:

so feel for you, and know only to well what you are going through :hugs:
first, your little one will love you what eva, so stop worrying about that
cos stress makes fibro even worse.
if you have to ring work sick tell them you are unwell.
if they need more then say you are having tests done so you will tell them
when you find out. your Dr will back you up.
try and take your time doing everything even when you think your ok
remember to take a little rest.
good to have you with us :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:49 pm

:wave: and :welcome: sorry to hear you're in pain at the moment. With pain killers, I was told by a dr to take them regularly thru the day at a level where it kept the pain at a constant, hopefully manageable level, then top them up to the maximum dosage when the pain became worse, if that makes sense. That way there is a constant level working in your body to help with the pain.

I know it's hard for kids seeing their parents in pain and ill, my son has had to live with me and FM from him being 3 1/2, but they are resilient and adaptable. I found that explaining things to him in a way that he understood helped with things, like why I could only do something for a short while or why I couldn't kick the ball about with him.

Let us know how you go on with the blood tests, and anything you want to know, just ask and we'll do our best to help you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:28 pm

:wave: :welcome: sorry you having bad time ,i can only agree with what loubie and flup say .but you have come to a great site ,very supportive and plenty of fun ,to keep you sane . :D :crazy: quite a comment from me :clap: :clap: :clap:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:49 am

Hi Yvonne, sorry you are feeling unwell :hugs: theres always someone here to speak to, so stick with us. :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:12 am

Hi Yvonne :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:15 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby xyz1000 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I have taken on board some of your
ideas eg increase pain killers and try not to get so worried about my son. Feeling
loads better today. It is mad how one day I am so depressed and in pain then the next
ok. Maybe I should be grateful for my ok days as I can see some people dont have them anymore.
I have been to get some books today from the library on Fibromyalgia, trying to be pro active in trying
to help myself. It is difficult when I havn't been diagnosed but it can't do any harm to learn about
the condition I may have. Nice to meet you all thanks again for the hellos. Wishing you
all a good week ahead xx :fingerscrossed:
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:23 am

Good for you yvonne :goodluck1: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Laurajojo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 pm

:welcome: :hugs:
xx Laura
Laurajojo
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:24 pm

Well done Yvonne :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sylviaesmith » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi yvonne, so pleased you are feeling that much better today.

I'm Sylvia and new to this forum too - what a brilliant site it is, a place you can just be yourself without feeling you are exaggerating or completely off your head - not seeing those disbelieving expressions when you say how it really is, everyone understands.

I think adjusting to FM is hard but can be done - I still struggle sometimes - the unpredictabilty and not being able to plan ahead is what I find hard, but do find that talking to fellow fibro's has definitely helped me - so keep in touch. Stay positive and keep your chin up!

:grouphug: :welcome:
sylviaesmith
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello