[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi and help!

Hi and help!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi and help!

Postby carla79 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:15 pm

:wave: Hi there
I have read a couple of the other newbies posts and can honestly say that I understood and agreed with 99% of them

I am only 30 but have been ill for almost 10yrs with symptoms getting steadily worse. I was only diagnosed in Dec after finally losing the plot in th DR's and shouting at them that they had to do SOMETHING. I think the worst thing was the DR saying that "I was depressed what did I expect" well actually I expected them to help me and not switch off the minute they read my file had depression on it!

I was signed up for Physio but they just said there was nothing they could do for me... start exercising 45mins a day. I wish! do they not understand how much energy and pain it took to get ready and get to the appointment. Even the rhuematologist agrees 5min to start.

My mum and sister have this also, however I was my mum's support up until now (I can't cope anymore ,I used to push myself just to help her, plus her symptoms are easing) and my sister has two children and a partner that do everything for her. Both of them expect me to be doing as much if not more than them because I am younger... I am shocked at how little they empathise.
I live alone, don't have family surrounding me doing ALL the daily chores and I just don't know what to do anymore.

My DLA is up for renewal and Community Law said I might be better off NOT writing FM on the form as all of their clients with FM have been rejected DLA. What? I can't believe it. I don't get it. I can only walk in pain and sometimes can't walk at all. Some days my arms feel like I have been punched repeatedly and can't lift them not to mention a whole host of other symptoms but this isn't enough to get DLA?

Anyway if anyone has any tip on pain management or diet I would appreciate it.

Carla
carla79
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi and help!

Postby Adele » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum carla

[chocolate] and :hugs: are known to help with fibro symptoms.

i am really foggy tonight. sorry not much help, adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:20 pm

:welcome:
try and familiarize yourself with the forum
search for DLA in the field
there's lots of stuff there
here we are more or less in the same boot

:wave:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby sylviaesmith » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Carla and :welcome:

I'm right up there with you when you say as soon as depression is spotted on your medical notes that instaniously it is assumed you must be imagining and not feeling!!

On a recent trip to A & E following getting stuck upstairs in my bedroom and barely able to speak, the pain was so overwhelming I was told by a female Dr young enough to be my daughter that I was NOT going to be admitted and how often pain felt can often feel like real pain and when I said that often my limbs feel too heavy to use her reaction was - well you are moving them now!

When my daughter said to her that I was not the person I was, she then said I wouldn't be until the deep rooted pshycological problem was sorted out - having listened to all she had to say and feeling almost certainly the worst flare I had experienced, she then proceeded to ask if I lived on my own - what a time to be asked and reminded that I do - when being stuck upstairs and barely able to speak, frightened beyond belief, it was not something I needed to be thinking of at that time -and she wondered why I cried - wouldnt anyone - you wouldn't need to be depressed - just damn scared!! :banghead:

Fibro already takes such a lot from us anyway - but not our sensitivity and feelings - so why do we sometimes get treated as if we have lost those too, we are still human even if at times we struggle to feel that way :(

You have joined a perfect place to get understanding and support.

Keep in touch :blowkiss:
sylviaesmith
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi Carla and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:24 am

:wave: carla and welcome to the forum
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:48 am

Hi carla :wave: and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have come to join us, look forward to speaking. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum Carla :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello