[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - S.wales newbie

S.wales newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

S.wales newbie

Postby mellabella » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:34 am

Hello, how nice to find this forum.

I am a middle aged woman From Swansea, diagnosed last year. like everyone with this condition i have reasonable days and bad days so it will be lovely to be able to share support, experiences and info with you all on this board. Ideally,I would also love to get in touch with, and possibly meet up with, people in my area as at the moment i am unable to get to attend my local support group.

Mel
mellabella
UKFM Member

Re: S.wales newbie

Postby nutty1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:31 am

:wave: :welcome: to the forum ,and it is nice to have others with condition same to talk to and share experiences .rather sad ,but reassuring that others understand your suffering . :roll: there`s quite a few from wales so somebody will let you :flowers: :grouphug: know
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 am

Hi Mel and :welcome: to the forum :wave: look forward to speaking to you. [chocolate] :wine: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:59 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi Mel and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby mellabella » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Thank you, i like all those smiley little emoticons.. :clap:
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 pm

hi mel,welcome to the forum.i have only been a member of the forum for a few months and have found it to be great.like yourself i live in south wales-nr brecon,powys.i also have attended a pain management course in st fagans nr cardiff.this was good as you met other suffer`s,since then feels like that you are on your own again hence finding this forum to be a lifeline.take care,efrem :D
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:04 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi Efrem,

Nice to meet you. I was just reading one of your other postings about your sheep. I have a sheep dog so there's another connection we have apart from Fibro - albeit a bit of a tenuous one. How is Brecon these days? I use to get up that way quite often, it's so beautiful. I'm In Swansea, it's been very damp down here for the past month and i'm sure that hasn't helped with the fibro. Do you find the weather affects you ? It must get very cold when it gets cold up there.

mel.
mellabella
UKFM Member

Postby efrem » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:46 pm

hi mel,hpoe you are not to bad.the weather here is preety much rain,cold,rain and now some strong winds for good measures.we(myself and caz)live 13 miles west of brecon on the main a40.it is a lovely area to live in but house prices show,hence why we have to rent.like you have read we keep a few(50)sheep-shock thought it was less than that,4 donkeys and some chickens.the sheep are rare breed-cotswolds,coloured ryelands,poll dorsets and lastly grey face dartmoors.we are at present lambing-started off quite quick but now on a slow go stage.as you know trying to do anything with fm is hard work,thankfully we have some help from our new neighbouers(they really love it).i do find the weather does effect the day to day running of fm,find the cold increases the pain leveels,warm heat rather soothing but not cooking.i have had to get an eletric bed and electric chair both having a massage units.for outside i use a quad to go around the sheep(dartmoors outside).well i am going to go and bang my head against the wall-wales lost to england tonight-ahhhhh.take care,efrem :D
efrem
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:28 pm

It was a good match though wasn't it :clap: :clap: :clap: :wave: Just watching Ireland and Italy :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Sharon_M » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:37 pm

I'm from South Wales as well - Newport - so thought I would drop in and say Hi too. I'm very new to the board and finding my way around, and I have been given a very warm welcome :D
Sharon_M
UKFM Newbie

Postby coco67 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:23 pm

hi im also new on here and from s wales, there seems to be a few of us from thia area in here. i hope your ok
coco
coco67
UKFM Member

Postby tazzajay 1 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:47 am

:wave: Another 1 from South Wales here !!
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby mellabella » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:19 am

Hi Cooco and Tazz. and everyone else.. how are you all? I wonder what area in the south your from, i'm looking forsome company to go to some support groups. I know i'll get a welcome at a group but it's still nice to go along to somewhere new with another person. :)

Mell
mellabella
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello