[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello my name is Lynn and I am a Fibromyalgic!!

Hello my name is Lynn and I am a Fibromyalgic!!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello my name is Lynn and I am a Fibromyalgic!!

Postby greanise » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi....So pleased to find this site... :D
I have just turned 50 :cry: and been 'unwell' since my early 30's. I was totally 'normal', bringing up two energetic sons and running the home, taking care of my husband and had my own tapestry business. Then, aged 32, whilst renovating our house, started getting abdominal pain..after misdiagnosis of constipation! was discovered to have a 35lb :yikes: ovarian cyst!...whilst recovering from op had major panic attack..really thought i was going to die...and that's when all the 'fun' began.

Was diagnosed with IBS/D later that year after all the lovely tests and still live with this, sort of, on a daily basis. Then the pain began!..bones, muscles, tendons...been xrayed (osteoporosis in hips), ultrawave scanned (gallstones), endoscopied (acid reflux, small hiatus hernia)...but nothing to explain all my other symptoms....

kept telling the Dr that it felt like i'd been poisoned..this was when I lived in London and I think he thought I was just neurotic. Marriage broke up partly due to me being so ill all the time and I moved to Isle of Wight where GP has been brilliant. Tested for everything from rheumatism to lupus to leaukemia...all negative thankfully.

Conclusion made it is..Fibro/M.E/CFS and am awaiting appointment to see consultant. (only 18 years for a diagnosis!) Although it is a relief to know I'm not dying I still find it difficult to believe some days that I REALLY do have this syndrome...I convince myself it is 'just' IBS or menopause or all in my stupid head! :crazy:

Thought life was looking up when I reached 40, got divorced but met a really lovely man who was so understanding and caring about my situation...by this time I was working as a special needs teacher and with his help found it so much easier to cope. Sadly, he had his own demons and 4 years ago took his own life...as you can imagine this has had a profound effect on me, not least because I feel so guilty that my problems may have impacted on his state of mind ,,(although I have been assured by professionals this isn't true)...

since then things have just plummeted..lost my home, because we weren't married..(my two lovely sons bought a house for me to live in temporarily but time has come for me to try and move on which is added stress)..can no longer cope with work and have been on benefits, with all the accompanying tests, and needs to 'prove yourself' issues that go along with them.

Yes, I DO have varying levels of pain, all over, I DO have severe fatigue, migraines, constant diarrhea. nausea, irritable bladder with infections, blurred vision, hot flushes/night sweats, intermittent tinnitus, lump in throat, heartburn, frequent wakefulness during night (every 2 hours), glands in neck up and down like yo-yos, twitching muscles,this really weird 'internal vibration' that feels like I've swallowed a mobile phone and co-ordinates with 'rattling' deep inside right ear! etc etc etc...

but my worse problems seem to stem from severe anxiety...does anyone else out there have this?...or am I really just mad?.....I can just about cope with the pain etc but the anxiety is killing me...just going to the GP is a huge ordeal..I feel sick, I get rapid palpitations and missed/extra beats...all been tested by cardio and all tests fine..have tried deep breathing and am on escitalapram which has helped a little, getting less attacks in sleep now..

but I really can't carry on like this...can't make plans...feel lonely and isolated..would like a relationship again but who'd put up with this?....
So sorry, didn't mean to go on so long...or to feel so sorry for myself but this is the first time since my man died I feel like perhaps someone else might understand how crap my life is...I am sure some of you are maybe in even worse stuations than myself and I feel bad about my weakness in not coping...sorry again.
Anyway..Just wanted to say Hello!.. :oops: xxx
Last edited by denys on Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: smaller paragraphs to aid reading
greanise
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello my name is Lynn and I am a Fibromyalgic!!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:59 pm

:wave: and :welcome: Lynn, glad you've found us. Sounds like you've had a rough time with things, very sorry to hear about your partner 4 years ago :oops: :hugs: :hugs: Hope you find the things on here helpful. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll do what we can to help you :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi Lynn :welcome: to the forum, as Flup has said you have really been through the mill and I'm so sorry to hear about your BF it must have knocked you for six. Your boys sound really supportive and that is something good.

Ive edited your post as fibromites cant read long paragraphs as we have problems concentrating (sound familiar!!!) anyway, you arent alone we are all here and will try our best to answer any questions you may have and to offer support to you, especially while you go through this horrible phase of sorting out how you feel.

Anxiety is a big part of this condition and so no you arent going mad, it's quite normal. Go back to your GP and explain that you arent coping very well as maybe your meds need a tweak or you may need some extra help for a while anyway :goodluck1: and sending you some gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: and some :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lynn. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:16 pm

hi i know you tryed deep breathing lynn . but try this works for me ,and the best thing i was ever taught , as the panic shoots in . breath in deep for 5 sec then blow out gentley through pursed lips for 10 secs wioth out breathing in agian '
keep this up taking only 4 breaths per min for around 10 to 15 mins
this will reset the carbondioxide level in the brain which is low and fuleing the panic , and feelings of impeading death.
problem is to much oxegen and not enough carbondioxide cause by shallow breathing which we dont even notice we do
take care :flowers:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 pm

:wave: and welcome to the forum lynn .sorry hear what a rough time you have had .so many probs .but they are great team on here all providing support and ideas ,advice etc .i too get bad panic attacks and its very frightening the one tony says is good and other one that i find helps is paper bag breath in and out of it .always keep one in my bag .lovely to hear your sons are supporting you ,and you have been brave to come here and talk .hopefully things will start to improve soon :hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby greanise » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Hello to all you lovely people!! :blowkiss: Thankyou so much for taking the time to read my rambling message. I really appreciate your warm welcomes and good wishes. I don't get on to the net often because of tiredness but when I do, I am here for anyone who needs a friend. The breathing techniques sound really good and I'll definately try them...thanks..It's a relief to know I am not the only one who panics, although I hate the fact others are suffering too. Love to you all and I hope one day some genius will find a cure for all of us. By the way, have you noticed that this 'disease' only seems to effect nice people! :lol: xxx

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
greanise
UKFM Newbie

Postby tonydin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:28 pm

:tongueout: no its just the nasty ones are to full of them selves to come on a forum like this :twisted:
that ffeeling when panic cuts in and you feel about to die is the worst thing you can experiance in my opinion.

any one who has not had it has no idea :?: :?:
i was qiute revived to find it was part of fm and not just me , ive behaveed badley with it in the past but was so scared at time , hypnotherpy helped and am in total controll of it now , and can just tell it to go away most times :wave: :wave:

i hope you can get on top of it my father once said the unthinkable is the thing to think about , and thats right .
i think you have to do and face the demons and work with it when it comes do the things you are afriad of and control the feelings that come. i have never found drugs to help only make it worse , as if i feel ill or strange that can kick of the panic for me

i really symothise with you on this , but be aware the only one who can stop this is you drs and others can only point in the right direction
:wave:
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:16 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:47 pm

:wave: lynn and :welcome:

went to the isle of wight twice for 3 weeks
fantastic place
depending on how i will be in summer
might be there again

:blowkiss:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 pm

:wave: Lynn and :welcome: to the forum. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby greanise » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:55 pm

Shocked myself by being able to come on here three times in a row!! Must be the insentive of having like minded people to talk to for the first time.. :) ..Thankyou tony for your comments, as I've not met anyone horrid with FM yet I'll keep my original opinion for now anyway..lol I liked the quote from your dad tho..thought provoking if you'll pardon the pun.

Glad you enjoyed visiting the Island, fibro-lu..it's a lovely place to live, yet another frustration tho of being poorly that I'm stuck indoors so much of the time. Keep me posted, maybe private message me? if you visit again..perhaps we could meet up?...hope you are patient tho as I can be a bit of a pain..literally.. :D

Take care all..xxx

If at first you don't suceed, don't try sky diving!!.. :lol:
greanise
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm

hi lynn

pmed you

all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby tonydin » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:47 pm

hi agian lynn :wave: you know grief can make things seem much worse ,and im sure you still feel it even after 4 years, i still do for my brother after 33 years i found a poem i wrote for a card for a friend who lost his son in a car crash . which ended up in the book at the crematorium . thought you may like it

A lost voice echoes , on the fading breeze
While the comeing of dawn , brings little ease,
As saddness fills an acheing heart,
A time for love , yet still a time to part.

But far away , in a secret place,
Where birds , thier dancing shadows trace.
On waters running , still and deep
A strengthing wind, makes willows for , our sorrows weep
And crimson sunsets , light that darkning sky.

It blows us peace , and brings us hope.
That love shall never die.

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:42 am

Tony that is really lovely :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello