[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi Im new and as yet undiagnosed.

Hi Im new and as yet undiagnosed.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Im new and as yet undiagnosed.

Postby lizbeth1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Hello,
My name is liz and Im new on here.
I have alot of the problems that most of the others on here but as yet am still having numous tests.
I am an insulin depedant diabetic, I have problesm with my eyes ( the sun/light hurts my eyes, got a cloud growing over my right eye, I suffer with mouth ulcers alot. I have alot of food and medication allergies. Shoulder painand stiffness, had bi-lateral carpal tunnel operated on and now been left with raynaulds. Pain in my left hip and knee.
A vast list as you can see but the doctors and consults are still baffled as to whats causing it.
I have had, blood tests, mri, xrays, and more examiations with different doctors than I care to remember and still they dont know.
I think its FM ?
What about everyone else ?
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Re: Hi Im new and as yet undiagnosed.

Postby lizbeth1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Sorry just a bit more to add,
I dont or cant sleep , got low or no concentration, lower back pain, no sex drive, stiffness/pain in my neck ( no jokes please!)
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:23 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the forum .alot of symptons are similar to mine and we all go for usual tests mri,blood xrays etc and they come back clear .you either need see rheumy or dr.that will diagnose it .my experience is its so bordeline with symptons that it takes awhile to get diagnoses :fingerscrossed: you find out soon .in meantime read other posts . :flowers: :blowkiss:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lizbeth1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:31 am

Just wanted to ask you guys if you think that I might have fm by what Iv written?
I just want answers to all these different health problems Im having?
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:47 am

Sorry Liz, we arent qualified to give you an answer to that, FM symptoms are diverse and varying and overlap with so many other conditions it really wouldnt be right for anyone to say apart from a trained health professional. Have any of your docs mentioned FM and if not why dont you print of some of the information on here and take it with you, maybe saying something like 'I'm so frustrated that I have started researching my symptoms and this condition keeps coming up' :fingerscrossed: you will get some answers soon :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lizbeth1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes I know what ur saying but its soooooooooooooo frustrating and so many threads on here are exactly what Im going throu or have been throu.
I will do what you suggested re the info and am going to read throu the symtoms again and write them down so that wen I nxt go to see gp I will show him. :|
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:16 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:40 pm

:goodluck2: with your GP Liz. :fingerscrossed:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:12 pm

:welcome: Liz. :fingerscrossed: you get some answers soon, just keep pushing at your GP to rule out other things, it can take a while to get a diagnose of fibro. :goodluck1:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lizbeth1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Iv already been on the trail for about15mths now am so fed up saying the same thingsa over and over again
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby greanise » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:30 pm

Hello Liz..I'm new here too but already feel very welcome so hope you will get the support you need from the others on here. It took 18 long years for me to get a definitive diagnosis..soooo many tests, feel guilty it may be my fault the NHS is in deficit.. :) sincerely hope it doesn't take you so long.

It was refreshing to see the message about a laymans inability to diagnose you..too many of the other sites can sometimes give wrong info..a rheumatologist is def the right way to go and then once you know for sure we can perhaps help by telling you how we try to cope with the syndrome.

The pain I get in my legs varies..sometimes they just ache badly like flu..or the backs of my thighs feel 'sensitive' and tender like i've sat on a hard chair too long..there have also been moments when i have been unable to put my foot on the floor because that leg's so painful and others when calf muscle cramp has convinced me I have thrombosis!! Also get severe, excrutiating pain in lower back and this can effect legs..been xrayed etc and nothing physically wrong...it stays for about two weeks really disabling me and then completely disappears again overnight! Telling you this because, if you are told you have FM, hope you take some comfort in that your symptoms are likely to be changeable..(this is my experience anyway and obviously can't be guaranteed)....try not to worry that you will keep getting worse is what i'm trying to say..

over the last 18 years i have had huge troughs and peaks..at present pretty much laying in deep trench :( but I have to cling on to thought of good days ahead...or even the odd half hour would be nice..

anyhow...all the very best with getting some answers..at least then you can start to move on..very best advice I can give you is whatever your diagnosis ends up being..become an expert in it but always remember too that just because you may have FM if you are worried about a new or changed symptom still get advice, don't always put it down to the fibro, as my wonderful GP told me when I said I hated bothering her all the time..'just because you have fibromyalgia doesn't mean you can't get something else'

:goodluck2:

xxx
greanise
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:08 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lizbeth1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Thanks for all ur support.
Iv decided to read throu the symtoms area on here a bit everyday ( as I cant sit for to long !!)
Iv already got one page of symtoms already that I either have or had .
Im very dwon today after a long day yesterday of constant pain in my legs, hips, and lower back yesterday. I took my pain killers as Id been told to and now im sufferign ( all block up !!)
lizbeth1
UKFM Member

Postby fabme » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:15 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello