[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - A bit about me :)

A bit about me :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A bit about me :)

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:27 pm

Hey :wave:

I'm Jo and i'm 26 from Manchester area :) I've been recently diagnosed with fibro but have had symptoms for years in varying degrees.

Since getting pregnant with my daughter in 2007 my symptoms escalated and seemed to get worse but it was always blamed on pregnancy/breastfeeding/having kids etc etc. Last year I went to my GP a few times who began investigation into things and tried me a few medications (amitriptaline (didnt agree with me), imipramine (didnt agree with me), sertraline, diclofenac & codydramol but I then fell pregnant with my son so I stopped everything except the sertraline. After having DS I was breastfeeding so limited what I could take, the sertraline isnt really helping much and i've just increased dose for the second time but it seems to be just making me anxious & causing insomnia :? so I have an appointment tomorrow and think we're going to change meds completely.

The codydramol temporarily helps with the pain but then seems to aggravate it when they wear off (which is pretty soon after) and I end up in the vicious cycle of needing more, been trying to avoid them where possible but GP said the next step is tramadol and he doesnt want to put me on those just yet.

One of the main problems for me at the moment is unrefreshed sleep and insomnia, its driving me crazy!!! I have 2 kids to look after so walking like a zombie is me at the moment, its not even like I can have a nap during the day. I'm hoping GP will give me some diff sleepers (the ones I have from a while age make my mouth taste awful the following day) so I can at least get back on track.

I've just started an open university course so going to be very busy, not sure whether i'm just crazy or what haha!! :crazy:

Nice to meet you all & look forward to chatting :) x

ETA: My Mum also has fibro x
Last edited by MonkeyFeatures on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mummy of 2 beautiful children My hubby is my rock!
MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Re: A bit about me :)

Postby denys » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Jo and :welcome: to the forum, look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:29 pm

Hey :D thanks x

MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:05 pm

:wave: Hi Jo and :welcome: look forward to chatting. :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby fabme » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:31 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am

. :wave: and welcome ,it is very hard when you have young ones ,i know ,been there ,done that how old are they past having naps stage .i would go back to your drs.there are lots of diff meds .but most of us have probs with them :fingerscrossed: you get sorted soon :flowers:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:21 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby MonkeyFeatures » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:33 am

Hey guys! :wave:

My daughter is 3 and doesnt have a nap during the day anymore, she does go to nursery twice a week though so get a bit of a chance if my son decides to have a nap but it doesnt happen often anymore which is really hard at times.

Been to the docs this morning and he's reduced my sertraline (back to 75mg) as the 100mg dose was just making me feel anxious & on edge, he's started me on gabrapentin on a low dose to begin with and build it up. Also got some sleepers so least I can sleep tonight :fingerscrossed:

Still getting used to this forum, i'm a member on a few others too so just getting used to it here then i'm sure you wont be able to shut me up :tongueout:

MonkeyFeatures
UKFM Member

Postby georgina.hiam » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:49 am

Hi :welcome: tooth forum I am georgie age 33 with three young children too cxxx

Love georgie xxx
georgina.hiam
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello