[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi to everyone - another newbie!

Hi to everyone - another newbie!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi to everyone - another newbie!

Postby bumcake » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi, just thought I'd pop in and say hello to you all. I have been diagnosed last week, and suddenly its like all the jigsaw pieces of weird and diverse symptoms fit together now! Have spent a long long time dealing with headaches, memory problems, sensitivites to sunlight/loud noises/clothes, IBS, arthritis, strength loss etc etc etc, and finally bit the bullet and gave my rheumy a full list of symptoms, having carried around a notebook to jot them down as they happened. Even tho it was a long list and I thought she'd probably laugh at me, I was just in that 'dont care anymore' mood. So now I have 15 tender points and another docs appt on the 15th. Now please be frank and tell me what you think, but I have noticed extra things are happening....... vision blurring, muscle spasms, more pain more often more places, racing brain in bed, losing strength opening bottles/door handles etc, sudden urgent desperate need to wee, restless legs getting worse. (The list goes on)
Does anyone think its because I now that I have a diagnosis that I'm taking notice of my body, or is this just a touch of hypochondria setting in?? it all seems to have got ALOT worse in a short time. Any help you can give would be really appreciated, as I'm feeling a bit lost and don't know what to do for the best.
Thanks in advance
Bumcake
bumcake
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi to everyone - another newbie!

Postby denys » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:13 pm

Hi Bumcake, and :welcome: to the forum, sorry you have FM but glad you've found us. I think its the FM showing its face and you noticing things knowing what they are I do think that once you have a diagnosis you become much more aware :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 pm

hi bumcake :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

sounds like typical fibro to me
sorry you have it though :(
glad you found us, its our very own little nut house :yikes:

love the name :lol: :lol: :lol: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby bumcake » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:20 pm

thanks for the replies so far.
My hubby calls me bumcake because, so he says, 'its a lovely bum and I want to eat it'. Now personally I think thats bordering on naughtiness, but while ever he cheers me up, it'll do for me!!
bumcake
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:10 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:27 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Don't think its hypochon***** :nono: :lol: it's probably you becoming aware of things. From diagnosis in April I was using a wheelchair by Aug/sept I went down so rapidly and couldn't understand why when others didn't seem to. For me it was due to chronic lung desease i'd been diagnosed with the Dec before as apparently there is a link between having them both and a fast decline. So please don't think it's hypochondria and don't let others get away with telling you that either :!:
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:31 am

t :wave: :welcome: to the forum,love the name :clap: had to look 3times see if i read it right :roll: when i was 1st diagnosed had lots of symptons then when i joined here realised had even more .no :nono: :nono: your not imagining it
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Tillybud » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:40 pm

:wave: Hi bumcake :D Just had to ask where do the candles go when Birthday's roll around ? :tongueout:
Oh, and I'm new too :welcome:

I indentify totally with you as someone who has been newly diagnosed but a long time sufferer. :roll:

Take care
Tillybud :blowkiss:
.....I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
Tillybud
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:44 am

Hi bumcake and :welcome: to the forum. :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Laurajojo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:40 pm

:welcome:
xx Laura
Laurajojo