[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Milosmum21 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi All, I am new to forum & have been reading all your posts regarding DLA. I applied about 2 weeks ago & have had a letter saying they are asking for report from my doc. I have various health problems leaky heart valve, artery blockage, chronic achillies tendonitis in both ankles, Knee problems which i'm waiting for mri scan, OCD i have had for 30yrs not to forget Fibro! everyday is a challenge to say the least.

I am expecting them to say no to DLA as that seems to be the answer they give most people. I have delayed applying for this for years as i thought there were probably more deserving causes than myself plus my husband had his own business & we were financially secure. My husband had a stroke 7 yrs ago & although he has been back to work his working capacity has declined slowly through the years to the point that i feel we now need to apply for the benefits we are entitled to.

We have used up all our savings to live but now find we are struggling. It has got to a point really that i need help everyday to keep mobile & i find housework a massive task. Luckily for me my sister has been able to help with that side of things but i know i cant rely on her indefinately. I will keep you posted on DLA claim but i dont think its going to be an easy process.....thanks for all your postings it has given me encouragement!
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:49 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the forum. I've split your post up a little bit as a lot of us on here can find it difficult to read big bits of text in one go. I've also moved it into "Where To Say Hello" as you'll probably get more hits there :penguin: :penguin:

It sounds like you and your husband have had what my mum describes as "a tottering time" over the years :hugs: :hugs: I thin you're right to apply for DLA :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it goes straight thru for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

It's good you've already found some encouragement in the posts, there is lots of advice and suggestions on here and we do our best to help and support each other :grouphug: :grouphug: Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll do our best to answer you :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fabme » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:21 pm

:fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:12 am

hello :wave:
good to have you with us :welcome: :welcome: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:48 am

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 am

:wave: and wellcombe to forum .sounds like you should get dla :fingerscrossed:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Milosmum21 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks to all of you for the welcome. Fluppy do you have a springer spaniel? i do too he is my baby i just love him to bits!
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi And :welcome: to the forum, hope you keep getting the encouragement you need from us, :goodluck1: with your application and :fingerscrossed: they push it through, but if the worst happens and they refuse, fight go to appeal, they rely on people just giving up so dont :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:59 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby efrem » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :goodluck1: with the dla.take care,efrem :D :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:
efrem
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello