Hiya everyone:)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hiya everyone:)

Postby Wish » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:58 am

Hiya all

Thought I better introduce myself, my name is Emma and I am 39 married with two kids, I was diagnosed about 12 months ago but have had symptoms for about three years. I have a very supportive Rheumy, who understands the condition very well and I am so glad I have a good one and not a bad one. I haven't worked since my symptoms started about 3 years ago, although with everything going up I really do need to get back to work part time somehow , I don't know how yet, as I am in a lot of pain most days, I know this illness isn't life threatning or shortening and for that I am very thankful, but i t doesn't stop it being frustrating!

I don't know what if anything is available to claim and it just seems such a daunting experience, I am not sure I could cope with the stress.
Anyway, nice to find you and look forward to joining in :D
Wish
UKFM Member

Re: Hiya everyone:)

Postby loubie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 pm

hi emma :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

good to have you with us :hugs:

you are very lucky to have a good rhumme, mine was useless
but i have a good Dr now after going to :dunno: loads :lol:

anyway, just join in with the madness, its our very own little world :lol:
some are just nuts, i am the sane one :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol: :lol:
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Wish » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Hey Loubie

I know what you mean about rubbish Dr's, it was a slow process my diagnosis as I was seeing 3 Neuro's before my Rheummy, they first thought I had MS as its in my family. Then after scans and tests, they dismissed MS and sent me to a Rheummy, who diagnosed me on the first appointment.
Wish
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:27 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to our special little club Wish :hugs: :hugs:

Have a look round the site, you find some things that help you and anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :grouphug: :grouphug:

Things can get a bit mad on here, which can be a great way to take your mind of things :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll not make any comments about sanity, including my own.......Think it'll be better to make your own mind up on that one :tongueout: :tongueout: :crazy: :crazy: :facepalm: :facepalm: :shock: :shock:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi Emma and :welcome: to the mad house :crazy: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: so glad you have come to join us, look forward to speaking to you. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Hi Emma, and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:17 pm

hi emma :welcome: to the :crazy: mad house.

when you asked what you could claim i assume you meant benefits. there is disability living allowance. it's a non-means tested benefit.

any more questions, fire away :wine:

:hugs: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby nutty1 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 am

:wave: emma,welcome to nuthouse ,regarding others comments bout being sane :roll: :crazy: i`m saying nothing .hope you find comfort and answers from us :flowers:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby xyz1000 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Hello :welcome: :flowers: hopw you find the site really helpful and think it has
helped to keep me from going totally insane these last few weeks!!!
xyz1000
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello