[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - confused .....after 4 years lol

confused .....after 4 years lol

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

confused .....after 4 years lol

Postby sarahdavies » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi everyone Im new here and just wondered if anyone had a diognosis like mine?

Ok so 4 years ago i started getting pains in my joints, I left it till I was crippled till I went to the GP. I had my bloods done and was called in because they said the inflamation was sky high (was told the norm was 4 mine was 79??). I was refured to a rumotoligist (excuse my spelling fibro fog grrrrr). 6 weeks later i was in his office being poked and proded, being asked all the normal questions, he gave me a steriod injection in my shoulder (I had to ask what it was! Just came at me with this great big needle!!). In his office after he sat me down "im afraid I will have to prepare you for the worst, it looks like you have something called rhumatoid arthritus, but I would like to take some more bloods and see you in a couple of months before Im sure". He gave me some anti inflamatries and sent me on my way.

Ok so on my second visit he seemed rushed, told me to go and get some x rays on my hands and feet. When i went back to see him he said that I had something called the R factor (approx 80% of ppl with ra have it) in my blood and altho the inflmation had gone down it was still there. He asked how well i slept, poked my pressure points (ouch!), said I had fibromyalgia gave me a leaflet and rushed me out the door. When I asked about the rhumatoid arthritus he said i was too young and I didnt want it because the medication was nasty!!!!!!!

Ok so at that time I was confused, stresed and in bits. I decided that I didnt want to see him again and felt the nhs had let me down, when i went to see my dr he said i needed councaling???? If the pain was in my head why is i couldnt walk down the road or pick up my child?? So I gave up on the drs and just kept myself medicated with tramadol ect.

After that my home life got turned up the wrong way, my husband of 5 years took the news that i was ill and not going to get much better bad, he didnt tell me this, he said that we needed to be by my family for support, so we moved 200 miles away, after being here for 6 months, he told me he had a funeral to go to, but because i wasnt well he could go on his own. A week later i got an email from him saying he wasnt coming home. He had met someone else.

So if fibro is brought on by stress I should of been in bed for the next few months right? I wasnt, I had my normal flares but nothing new.

So here i am a few years later, new wonderfull husband who looks after me and the children and never complains, I have been in hospital twice with a chest infection this year and that has spured me on to get whatever is wrong with me sorted. I went to the doc a couple of days ago and have to go back wed for the blood results.

Has anyone had this experiance with being diognosed?

$ years on and those words still ringing in my ears "you dont want RA" NO I DONT, I JUST WANT TO GET BETTER!!!
sarahdavies
UKFM Newbie

Re: confused .....after 4 years lol

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:58 pm

Hello Sarah :welcome: to our mad little world :crazy: :crazy:

I've moved your introduction to the "Where To Say Hello" bit as I think you'll get more hits here.

Sadly, your story isn't that unusual for us fibromites. For me, all my gps have been great, but the rheumy that gave me my dx seemed uninterested and it felt like he wanted me out of his little room as quickly as possible. I was prodded and poked a few times, told I needed to lose weight and I had fibro, then just given a leaflet about it and sent home. Most of what I have learnt about this condition is down to looking into it myself, as well as asking my gp a few things.

I'm sorry about what happened with your first husband. Unfortunately some people are unable to cope when their partner becomes ill with such a vague and unpredictable condition like FM :( :( You'll also find, thru the info on here, that fibro affects us all very differently. Stress is a bit factor in causing flare-ups, and it can leave us virtually unable to go out or do anything. I reacted like you have described how you did, got on with things regardless of how I felt as I had a young son who relied on me for everything. (He's a teenager now and still relies on me, so not much has changed :facepalm: :facepalm: )

Your new hubby sounds like an absolute gem, as is my OH, altho I probably don't tell him often enough just how good he is :oops: :oops: Having someone who understands and takes you for who and ow you are can make such a difference :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

There is loads of info and advice on here, hopefully you'll find some of it useful. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll do our best to help you with it :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:46 pm

hi sarah :wave:
good to have you with us :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi Sarah and :welcome: to the forum :goodluck1: with your results next week. Sorry to hear that you have been put through the mill over the last few years, but glad you have met someone who cares. Have you got a sympathetic doc now as that is a fantastic help in trying to get through the minefield of this condition sending you some gentle :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tonydin » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:45 am

hi sarah others will correct me if im wrong but as i understand it fibro does not cause infamation markers to go that high.
when i first saw runny ten years ago , the toughtt i had ankoloseing spondalities . but ruled it out in the end , my markers were slightly high and they said the drugs to treat that were so toxic that at my levels it was best not to use them ,they also said it was NOT fibro either and sent me to pain clinc with no dx.

my second refferal to rummy last year the markers were still a bit high , but he said he had no doughts at all i had fibro. and not to be concerned over the high readings,
i have a friend with RA and her finger and toe joints are distorted badley she had to have a toe broken and reset to striaghten it last week.
do you have any joint distortion if you had RA i am pretty sure some would show by now .
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:01 am

:wave: Hi sarah and :welcome: to the forum. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello