[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Dont know what to do with self !

Dont know what to do with self !

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dont know what to do with self !

Postby rioruss » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi i have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in December, i had been suffering since may continuously, with pains in elbows, wrists, knees, and now my lower back! i have on and off days but even the good days i still suffer, is this normal?

My sleep pattern is terrible too, my gp ups my medication i sleep better for about a week then it goes to pot, this last two weeks i have been sleeping 3 hours at a time while still very sleepy unable to do anything,

I am currently taking tramadol, cocodamol, amytriptiline, omeprazon, fentynel patches 75mg, plus anti depressants (sorry bout all the spelling! With all this i am still either in constant pain or over tired (cant win) . i am also stubborn and wanting to try do things for my self , but sometimes i just have to give in , ie: went out for dinner for my birthday and my stepson ended up cutting my dinner up for me ( how embarresing).

We are also struggling with money as partner on a low wage , i have been awarded esa ( however this is only contributon based, and the wrag group) have been turned down for DLA , but am going to tribunal in 2 weeks time. (turned me down saying could prepare a meal, this was first thing i couldnt do, and the walking bit , mistakingly i put could walk 50 yrds , not that i was in pain constantly ).

Any advice on what i could do to make life easier for my self ect x
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: split up into smaller bits to make it easier for fibromites to read
rioruss
UKFM Member

Re: Dont know what to do with self !

Postby denys » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi and firstly :welcome: to the forum I have been in the position of having my meal cut up on a couple of occasions and yes it is embarrasing but not as much as seeing the food fly off the plate onto either the table or floor :lol: :lol:

Ive edited your post to make it easier to read, fibromites have problems concentrating

Go back to your doc for a med review, you are on quite a bit which isnt unusual, but if they are becoming ineffective they may need changed for an alternative. The best way to make your life easier is to pace as this avoids using excessive amounts of precious energy which in turn will cause flares.

As for DLA, keep fighting and produce as much supporting evidence as you can, if your doc will write you a letter stating you have constant pain on walking then that can only help :goodluck1: :goodluck1: with everything and :fingerscrossed: you get some relief soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:26 pm

:wave: and :welcome: it looks like I had the same ideas as what denys had with your post, but my reply went off into the ether :facepalm: :facepalm:

I've put a couple of linkies on about meds that might be helpful

You could take some info printed up from them and see what your doc has to say about what might be suitable for you.

Have a look thru the posts on here as there is a lot of info and advice, anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:59 am

Hi rioruss :welcome: to the forum,glad you have come to join us, :goodluck1: with your appeal. :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:04 am

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to our little world comfort :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello