[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Greetings

Greetings

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Greetings

Postby LuRoll » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:16 am

Hello, My name is Laura and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in Early December 2010, though I have been suffering badly with it for over 5 years now, self medicating with store bought cocodamol! ughhhhh!. I have experienced symptoms of fibro since I was a wee girl though.

I'm 24 now. I am honestly happy to have a name for what is wrong with me. I know it's not curable but I am happy that I finally know what it is and I can take steps to try and help myself with the aid of my amazing Dr.

My pain started in my knees and ankles when I was very young, I'd complain alot, get given painkillers and then sadly ignored. I don't blame my parents for anything, how could they know it wasn't just growing pains?

The pain got worse when I hit about 9 years old, my mum had died when I was 8, so that may have had some effect, I'm still not sure. When I hit puberty the pain sky rocketed and hit my back and wrists too, with constant headaches and eye ache. I now have to have glasses, not so bad, my face kinda suits them!

When I turned 18, I turned to co-codamol of varying forms, then at around 23 I finally got put on codiene phosphate for the pain, but without a diagnosis.

After much prodding from my boyfriend who I now live with in York, I pursued the idea of possible chronic fatigue having never heard about fibro. I was TERRIFIED of how he would react. Suprisingly, he suspected I may suggest that and told me I fit Fibromyalgia far more and advised me to go and find info on it on the patient.co.uk website. To my suprise, it fit me very closely. Everything I complained of over the years that I'd not put a link between, was there infront of me.

So I finally had a name, he diagnosed it and started me on amitryptaline and codiene phosphate. I am now an several suppliments and vitamins and I have to take Naproxen which is a NSAID because my knees have started to swell, which I know isnt 100% true to fibro, but I'm not suprised to be honest.

Other than that, I have a degree in animation which has been useless to me, I can only work part time if that, I am unemployed and am looking to work from home doing various things with the craft talents I have available to me. I originally come from south wales, I love dogs, hamsters, guinea pigs and cute animals like that. Love horses and riding though I cant do that much anymore. Like to play World of Warcraft, read, draw, paint, read about random things on the internet and listen to music.

I have a fairly dry sarcastic sense of humor and a bit of a pessemistic outlook which I like to call "realistic" though I'm always up for a really silly laugh.

Hmmm thats about it really. Glad to have found so much online for Fibro, I'm thinking of starting my own blog about Fibro too, with some humour in it, looking at the various things day to day and various suppliment, vitamins and drugs used for Fibro, but i'm still thinking about it right now, I'm not sure if it'd be well recieved.
LuRoll
UKFM Member

Re: Greetings

Postby denys » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:28 am

:welcome: to the forum Luroll, love the name :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:03 am

:welcome: LuRoll, that's a brill name :lol: :lol:

Nice to have you in our fibro club. Hope you find the info and advice on here helpful, we like to throw in a bit of madness as well, helps us to get thru the days :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to give you an answer that (hopefully :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: ) makes some sense :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LuRoll » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:17 am

hehe thanks.

The name came from a friend randomly calling me "LuRoll" shortening my usual online name of "lulu rose" to "Lu" then just adding Roll to the end. I found it quite funny.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
LuRoll
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:37 pm

:welcome: to the forum luRoll

Sorry you have fibro :( but you have come to the right place for support. :wave:

any questions just ask. :wine: [chocolate] :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:24 am

:welcome: to the forum luRoll. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am

some reason andrex pup springs to my mind :wave: :welcome:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby Ldyalb » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:40 pm

Anything which reminds me of the Andrex pup is great (I LOVE those dogs, maybe we need a puppy smilie?)

:welcome:

LuRoll, you're in a similar situation to me (22), I also have a degree I suspect may be useless if I don't find a full time job I can cope with soon (was fired in Jan due to Fibro, day before my dx, thanks employer) and I have been interviewing for similar jobs with other companies lately. I got rejected by 1, I rejected another as I didn't like the firm and the role needed someone with more experience than myself and am waiting to hear back from a 3rd today.

I have a meeting with the Disability Employment Advisor at the Job Centre on Weds and we're going to look at an application for ESA if I am unsuccessful with the role I'm waiting to hear back about. I suspect if they say no it's time to give up my chosen career and find something with less hours (my industry requires 10 hour days and often more, I'd be expected 8:15 - 6:30 min, often until 7).

It's so frustrating having this before I've had a chance to get decent work experience, my first full time job started two weeks before my first proper fibro flare last year (like you I'd had symptoms from a young age, but not the all over pain, it was things like restless legs as a little girl, tiring easily and then tendonitis and stiffness which developed in my mid teens, dizzy spells, was tested for diabetes as suffered from fatigue in 2-3 week bouts but the dots were never joined up until the pains began). My Mum and her Mum have it as well, my Nan was 17 when she had her first flare, my Mum 14. My main symptoms began at 15 with tendonitis following a bout of glandular fever, I just haven't been the same since I became ill with that.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello