[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Im new just to say hello

Im new just to say hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Im new just to say hello

Postby peggypig » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Just to say hello this is my 1st time on the forum

I have all the usual aches and pains and sleepless nights. The fibro foggy brain on a regular basis. Just been for an eye test today and my eye pressure is quite high so I have to go back tomorrow to see the optician. They asked me if FM caused any eye problems wasnt sure.

Hope everyone feels not too bad today.

Take Care
peggypig
UKFM Newbie

Re: Im new just to say hello

Postby loubie » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:47 pm

hi :wave:
good to have you with us, just join in with all the madness :lol:

in answer to your question...i would say yes it dose affect the eyes
fibro affects the muscles and the eyes have muscles.

:welcome: :flowers: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 pm

:wave: :welcome: peggypig .love name :lol: .
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 am

Hi peggypig :wave: and :welcome: to the forum. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:33 am

:wave: and :welcome: Peggy :pigoink 1: We must have sensed you were going to join us as :pigoink 1: is new to our smilies :clap: :clap: It dose seem that FM can affect eye muscles as well as other bits of us unfortunately. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: your appt with the optician helps :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug: :hugs: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:24 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby peggypig » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks very much for the lovely welcome I was really pleased to see such nice replies. Do other people suffer with hot sweats Ive been throught the menopause Im 52 I find it keeps me awake ,and I wake if Ive slept to feel rubbish. Im sure everyone could probably relate to this. I have very poor concentration.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!!! :)
peggypig
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Lots of us have problems with controlling body temperature, swinging from hot sweats to shivering cold, it's as if the thermostat has broken inside us :facepalm: :facepalm: We also have the problems with waking up after sleeping and still feeling rough, and the lack of concentration as well. They're all commonly shared symptoms of FM unfortunately :swear1: :swear1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Milosmum21 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:07 pm

Hi Peggy I am quite new here too but its so nice to have people understand what you are going through :crazy: I felt quite alone with my fibro & never discuss it with anyone as i dont think people understand unless they are going through the same :dunno: So this forum has helped me immensely just in the short time i have been on thanks to everyone :flowers: :blowkiss: I'm sure you too will find it very welcoming & helpful :grouphug:
If you cant eat it or play with it just pee on it and walk away
Milosmum21
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:55 pm

hello and :welcome:

cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby peggypig » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome I think Im gonna like it on here. Its good that we can relate to the different aspects of this bl**dy FM its odd if you sit and think where the pain is it at times I even get pain in the side of my hands how weird is that. My husband and I have different body thermostats he sits there shivering and I am sweltering.

Ive been to have eye pressure done today it is registering 24 so they have referred me to hospital he did say its not urgent or dangerous I hope not.

Hope everyone is ok today
peggypig
UKFM Newbie

Postby coco67 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Hi peggy pig :wave: , welcome, im new here also but have found this place a god send, i look forward to seeing you around. :dogrun1: :dogrun1:
coco
coco67
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Peggypig and :welcome: to the forum :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fabme » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:41 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome:

fab
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:52 pm

hi peggypig, welcome to the forum.

i'm 35 and was referred recently to an opthalmologist at the hospital after i had high pressure readings in my left eye.

all was normal and it was put down to the fibro. i was discharged after 1 appointment.

hot and cold sweats are a normal part of my day. nights are alot worse.

best wishes, adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello