[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Thank you

Thank you

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Thank you

Postby Kaunalily » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Ok so I've been reading these forums since my diagnosis 3 days before the Christmas just gone. I thought I'd be really happy that I finally had a name for what was causing my symptoms and I could look towards managing it. I was slightly wrong there - my Dad's likened it to the stages of grief - but seeing as the last one's acceptance there's always light at the end of the tunnel :).

I've been having quite a bad time recently (final year at uni away from home doesn't help) and knowing I'm not alone helps. I guess explaining'd help - being a 3rd year uni student in Maths (I know why?!) I'm studying for my final exams in May/June which are 90% of my course, whilst applying for jobs for afterwards, getting to grips with all this fibromyalgia stuff and I guess general life things. I all gets a bit much at times and having had a few very hectic weeks just gone I've been wanting to post and not had the time, or the energy!

Today being my worst in a while, I came across your facebook thread, and saw someone mention fibroduck.com. I thought why not check it out. Anything with duck in the title has to be fun right? I love it! Thank you soo much! I have ordered my duck and can't wait :D. Part of it's having a friend to explain things to who won't judge or mind when my words go completely out my head and I end up flailing around like a fish out of water trying to explain what I mean, part's because it's just soo cute! and some's because ducks don't need to have much energy sitting on a pond all day :). So again thanks you brightened up my day! :hugs: to you all.
per aspera ad astra :).
Kaunalily
UKFM Member

Re: Thank you

Postby denys » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi I got my duck some time ago and he travelled to London had his picture taken and I posted it on the web, watch you dont put yours in the sunlight as the spots fade and they end up looking like any duck. :goodluck1: with your finals and also with the job hunting just remember to pace and you will be ok :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:39 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the forum. I've moved your post to "Where To Say Hello" as you'll probably get more hits here :clap: :clap:

Sounds like things are a bit manic at the moment for you with finals and things, I hope the fibro isn't upsetting things too much for you :hugs: :hugs:

When you get a quiet moment, have a look round the boards as there is lots of info and advice on here, as well as a bit of :crazy: :crazy: to help you get thru the day :clap: :clap:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fabme » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:43 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :welcome:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:53 pm

hi :wave: :welcome: :welcome:
good look with exams :goodluck2: :goodluck2:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby carolnotts » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:37 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the forum xx
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:24 am

:welcome: to the forum :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum. :goodluck2: with your exams :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:15 pm

:wave: welcome to madhouse . :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: with your exams
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby viota » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:49 am

welcome :welcome: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
viota
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:31 am

Good morn

Hope u r fairly fine 2day. Well, as fine as u can b. I'm fairly new to this site and have only just had a diagnosis, even tho had the symptoms for quite a long time. Members here are a v friendly bunch and have helped wen i've had the courage to post a Q. Even wen i'm worried that it makes me look a bit daft. Well done u 4 still carrying on with ur studies and trying to get ur head around all thats happening in ur life. Hope to talk to u soon

Jenny
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby bigD » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:21 pm

Have you been to see your tutor or student support and informed them of your health problems there may be some help that they can offer you. It helps to have someone who knows how the pain of FM affects you particularly as we are each differently affected. It might be that you can get help with your exams, maybe more time for writting if your hands and arms are a major problem. It is worth asking for an appointment.
Wishing you every success in your exams.
BigD
bigD
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:52 am

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Kaunalily » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks for the welcome and the luck :D.

BigD I have had one meeting with my student support servicey people. I was investigated for Dyspraxia over last summer as a result of my exam grades being so different from my coursework grades. They're now going to give me 25% extra time in my exams (apparently standard procedure for someone with a diagnosis letter), though I find my trouble's mainly remembering the things I need to use as Maths exams are a lot of memorising.

One thing I wanted to ask was as I'm applying for jobs - should I be putting my diagnosis on my application form? I always feel sceptical in case they look at it and think oh we don't want her because of that :? .
:hugs:
per aspera ad astra :).
Kaunalily
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello