[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby CampbellMary » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi my name is Mary I'm 56. Mother wife and granmother i have FM. I am new to this as well as forums i'm also new to computers so hope you will be patient with me. If someone is gracious enought to answer i will tell more about myself and i hope to make friends. Hope to hear from someone soon.
CampbellMary
UKFM Member

Re: newbie

Postby fabme » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:07 pm

:welcome: :welcome: :wave: :wave: :wave:

fab
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
fabme
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi Mary and :welcome: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:11 pm

hi mary :wave: :hugs:
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to our very own little world of madness :lol: :lol:

just join in on any of the topics.
well done for getting on the net :hugs:
can be a little frightening at first but you will soon get used to it :wine:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am

:wave: Mary :welcome: to our little bit of sanctuary from the :crazy: :crazy: world of fibro.

Hope y6ou'll find us to be a friendly and helpful lot. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:05 am

:wave: mary ,congrats on joining us you have won :flowers: for computer skills ,and group :grouphug: for being patient with us :lol: :lol: :welcome:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:09 am

Hi Mary and :welcome: to the forum, so glad you have come to join us :hugs: look forward to speaking to you. :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby viota » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:52 am

:welcome: mary :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: [chocolate] :cup1:
viota
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Mary

Im new to this site and i've found that the members are very nice and will help when you leave a question to b answered. Hope to talk to you soon

Jenny
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby coco67 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:02 pm

ImageWelcome to the group, hope to see you around the boards and well done for finding here its been a godsend knowing im not along in this mad world of fibro.
coco
coco67
UKFM Member

Postby gizsam » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:06 pm

Hello and :welcome:

Cat x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby CampbellMary » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Thank you all for the lovely welcome you all sound very nice. I have had fibo for more years than i remember. Got no help from dr's i'm sure you all know how that feels. It was actualy my Daughter that told me a women she worked with had the same symptoms. so i more or less told drs what was wrong. I have two Daughters and six grandchildren a set of twins my eldest daughter had two they were at school she decided 2 have one more and to everybody shock ended up with 2. Before i go i would like 2 ask how can i get the energy 2 do my house work? Hope 2 hear from u soon. :grouphug:
CampbellMary
UKFM Member

Postby viota » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:13 pm

i dont have the energy to do it so i dont do it.i get my bro to do it but he never does it :(
viota
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:38 am

hi mary, welcome onboard.

i used to have a lady in once a week for 2 hours to do the work i couldn't. £15 and the stress was gone. i need to look for someone new now i have moved. i advertise in shop windows as it is so much cheaper than paying a registered cleaning company.

:flowers: adele xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 am

:wave: Mary, the one thing you'll see mentioned on here a lot when it comes to doing things like housework is Pacing. This is where you do something for a period of time without it hopefully making you too uncomfortable (eg. 10 minutes) when you reach your time limit, you stop and have a break for a similar length of time, then start again. It sounds a bit faffy and fiddly, and can take a while to get in the habit/routine of doing it, but it can help with getting things done. The important thing with it is to stop when you get to your time limit, it's easy to think you're ok and carry on for a bit longer, but when you start doing that, things can flare up again (I know about that, I've done it more times than I can remember :facepalm: :facepalm: )

To find out how long to do things for, I was advised to see how long I can do something for on a bad day, and the same for a supposed good day. Then for my time limit, I worked on a figure between the 2 of them. Doing it this way means that even on a bad day, I can still get a little bit done :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello