[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: newbie

Postby CampbellMary » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 pm

HI fluffy puffy The problem i have is i'm on my feet most of the day as i am my husband's full time carer as well . He is not in good health. The bit i find really hard is my arms i have no strength find hanging out washing very hard and cleaning windows and i can't iron. how r u feeling? hope u r keeping as well as is possable. Hope to talk soon
CampbellMary
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:40 am

The pacing idea isn't a suitable option with you looking after your husband is it :facepalm: :facepalm: That's the usual suggestion we make to people who ask about doing things without making themselves too uncomfortable or painful. Would something like Adele mentioned with someone coming in to help for a short time in the week be a possibility?? I know these things are down to personal situations but it might be an option to consider :dunno: :dunno:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Adele » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:29 am

hi mary, i found hanging washing out very painful as well. with a supporting letter from my OT at the pain clinic i applied for a community care grant from the dwp and they paid for a tumbledrier. they also paid for a microwave to make my life easier. i'm not sure what benefits you need to be on i'm afraid, i'm on income support.

oh, if anyone is interested, they will pay for a washing machine if you live more than 3 miles away from a laundrette (again subject to receipt of correct benefits) but if you are disabled and unable to get to the laundrette, whatever the distance, they should pay for one. i lived half a mile away and was awarded £180 for one.

best wishes, adele :blowkiss:
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mary. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello