[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi please help!

Hi please help!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi please help!

Postby juejue » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:19 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last week which is half a relief knowing what it is and half scary :yikes:
I am off sick at the moment but want to go back full time but my doc sees to think I will only be able to do part time which I cant afford. Has anyone else managed to hold down a full time job and if so do you have any tips?
I have been taking amytriptaline 75mg at night which helps with sleep but not the pain, I am now starting Lyrica 75mg at night as well which hopefully will help with the pain.
Sorry this is a bit of a miserable first email :crazy:
Take Care
J
juejue
UKFM Member

Re: Hi please help!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:00 pm

:wave: juejue :welcome: to the forum and to the world of fibro. There is a lot of advice and support on here, hopefully you'll find it helpful. It is possible to work with fibro as it seems to affect us all so differently. If you can get things under control, then it is possible to live a fairly typical life. I've put a linky on the NHS page about fibro treatment and meds to give you an idea of the numerous meds that are usually prescribed

It can be a bit of trial and error and take a bit of time to find the right mix of meds that works for you, but it can be done :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Anything else you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gizsam » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:58 pm

hi and :welcome: ...plenty of advice and support on here

cat x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby carolnotts » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:23 pm

hello :welcome: to the forum :)
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby viota » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:06 pm

:welcome: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: [chocolate] I know it is scary i was only diagnosed last week myself.
viota
UKFM Member

Postby juejue » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the replies everyone, its nice to know there are other people out there who know how it is - if you know what I mean?

Take care
Jue :dogchasecat1:
juejue
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:32 pm

hi jue :wave:
good to have you with us
perhaps you could go back to work part time for a little time
and then build up to full time again :dunno:

there are a lot of fibro sufferers that do work full time
and a lot that have had to give up work altogether.
we are all different, and fibro affects us all in different ways to.

sadly i am one that is on the sick yet again :roll:
and not looking good for me going back.
try and pace yourself as much as possible with everything
you do, at home and at work.
hope you manage to get back to work soon
but don't rush it :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:47 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum lots of people manage to hold down full time work, sadly I'm not one of them but if you are going to try then pacing will be your best friend :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello