[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New here

New here

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New here

Postby EternalSunshine » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:35 am

Heya, i'm new here. From the Midlands. I haven't actually been formally diagnosed but know this is what i have. I thought i'd join because i'm new to this and finding it very hard. Just recently my symptoms have got very bad and i'm also 23 weeks pregnant. I wanted to ask does anyone wear support bands and are they beneficial long term as i have been wearing them on my knees, wrists and ankles because of the joint pain. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow but know it maybe a while until i get a firm diagnosis. I have really struggled today and the pain in the muscles in my back is unbearable. Would just like to find out more and talk to others with the condition. Right now i can't see how anybody copes with this x :dunno:

Mummy to two and one of the way!
EternalSunshine
UKFM Newbie

Re: New here

Postby nutty1 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:32 am

:wave: :welcome: to the forum ,what a lovely title :D yes i wear support bands on my wrists and couldnt be without and waiting get them for my knees ,congrats on being pregnant :clap: :fingerscrossed: you get diagnosis soon.some have had wait years,but nowadays it lot quicker .if you look on links living with fm or other links you may find advice or help .think quite few have posted on pregnancys .only thing i can think at mo is try not worry that makes it worse ,listen to your body and rest ,esp as being pregnant aswell. :fingerscrossed: your dr and midwife give you lots support and help .sure others will be along to advise soon xx :blowkiss: :flowers:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave: :goodluck1: at the docs. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:33 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :goodluck2: with your appt, hope you get some answers soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby gizsam » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:35 pm

:welcome: to the forum

cat x
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby EternalSunshine » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:02 pm

Thank you everyone. Feeling very nervous about the Doctors but can't wait to get it over with. Thank you for the warm welcome, best get posting x x

EternalSunshine
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby EternalSunshine » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Thank you x

EternalSunshine
UKFM Newbie

New here

Postby bexfitz » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Hiya!! Welcome to the madness! Am fairly new here too, diagnosed in Jan. So far as I know, bands not much cop but TENS machine is fab for my back, and safe to use during pregnancy. Also have new best friend in the form of hot water bottle!! Hope ur GP is supportive, am sure the guys n gals on here will support u too and offer suggestions. Good luck. 
bexfitz
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi there :wave: and :welcome: to the forum.
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello