Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby tracyr46 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi my name is Tracy and after 2 years I have finally been diagnoised with Fibromyalgia and CFS. I am finding it very hard to adjust to life as I am only 32. My son and partner are incredible they have been so supportive and I couldn't wish for better support. My family are begining to understand my younger sister has been brillant she will come over and help me clean the house. At the moment the doctors have been trying different medications for me and I feel like a pill pot, you can pick me up and shake me and I will rattle. The doctors have been great my rhumeatologist has been great he is honest with me and doesn't give me false hope. My GP's have also been great helping me with the medication. It's just a battle with the benefits system now I have to face, that wears me out. One thing I have learnt is who your friends are. Since I become ill all my friends have abandend me they accused me of being a hypercondriac. So all I have is my family who are wonderful. I do get lonely sometimes cause although I have a really good support system around me I feel they can not fully understand how I feel. I am hoping to make some friends here at the forum that do understand what it is like and are going through what I am. Thanks to everyone who reads this.
tracyr46
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:27 pm

hi tracy :wave:
its good to have you with us :D

so nice to read you have a good GP & rhumie, so many of us have been through the mill
one way or another with medical help.
also great that your family is very supportive to :D i would love to have your sister :lol: :lol:

it is a very true saying that you find out who your friends are when the going gets tough
i am same as you, no one to be seen :(

we are always here for any questions you have, we will try and answer them if the fog lifts :roll:
:welcome: :welcome: :flowers: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:03 pm

:welcome: on board Tracy

Like loubie has said, it makes such a difference having a good rheumy and gp, plus family to help you when you need it :hugs: :hugs:

I understand what you're going thru trying to get used to what FM and CFS throw at you. I was a couple of years younger than you when things started to appear and flare up. There is an awful lot to take on board and get used to, plus there's the rattling with all the meds :facepalm: :facepalm: No wonder we feel like we're going :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: at times :swear1: :swear1: :swear1:

It says a lot about people, to me, when they can't take you as you are, warts, hurtyness and all :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: You really do find out who your true friends are :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby nutty1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:35 pm

:wave: tracy,glad you joined us ,can only agree with others comments .as for friends we all know how it feels , :hugs: :flowers: :blowkiss: but you have us now if you can stand the :crazy: :grouphug:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby lizfinnie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 pm

hi tracy :welcome: like nutty i agree with all comments, all my friends left me :cry: but as everyone says you find out who your friends are., keep your chin up :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: xxxxx
lizfinnie
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tracy. :wave:

It's good to hear you have a supportive family and GP, it does make a big difference with fibro.

have a good read around the forum and any questions just ask.

You wont have any problems making friends on here, we are a friendly bunch, we are a little :crazy: on the fun boards but it helps to take our minds away from the pain, even for just a few minutes. :D look forward to chatting. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby tracyr46 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Thank you to all that have replied I know what u mean with the :crazy: The new pills the doctor has given me had me flying high as a kite today thats the only problem with them it helps the pain but u are totally out of it. Hopefully I will get used to them I'm having hydrotherapy at the moment to try to help my muscles as most of them have wasted away cause I can't get around much :cry: It is true once u find good understanding doctors it makes a huge difference. I do have 1 question any suggestions on the night sweats its driving me mad waking up soaked through it really disturbs my sleep. I have tried changing the sheets to 100% cotton but not helping. Suggestions would be really helpful. :fingerscrossed:
tracyr46
UKFM Newbie

Postby ouchisme » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:20 pm

hi Tracy46

Plz'd to 'meet' u. i've found that member and moderators alike a v loveable (any :oops: s girls and boys), have masses of information and tips to help and are generally a friendly bunch. I think all of us are all learning different aspects of the syndrome. It doesn't matter how long we've been dx, or how long we've had symptoms for, its all a learning curve. U don't have to b :crazy: to have FM but i've found that it helps :lol: Hope our paths :fingerscrossed: soon.
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:27 pm

hi tracy
night sweats are horrible, i find lose night dress or pj's are best for me
and when real bad i sleep on a towel.

i am not like it all the time, i get bouts of it, but it drives me nuts :yikes:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Hi

Postby bexfitz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi Tracy

I'm a relatively new member myself and was diagnosed in Jan after a long period of suffering! Totally understand where u coming from on the friends front, they not good enough for you anyway!! So glad u have good GP and rheumie, makes all the difference, and I'm afraid the rattling don't get any better either, just changes every so often!! The guys an gals on here are so fab and will soon become a regular part of your life for support and encouragement. I have downloaded the advertised app for my phone so that I can have a whinge or ask a question ( or even contribute to some of the crazy games on here). Have found the site really comforting and there's always someone about as we fibromites don't sleep too well............. As the car stickers say, sit down, shut up and hold on, it's one hell of a ride! Bex 
bexfitz
UKFM Member

Hi

Postby bexfitz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Ps re night sweats: I have changed to summer duvet and sleep with my feet uncovered. I know it sounds strange, but hey we r just a little crazy.... It helps 
bexfitz
UKFM Member

Postby tracyr46 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for your suggestions I will give it a try :fingerscrossed: it works
tracyr46
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi Tracy and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:48 pm

:wave: Hi Tracy glad to have you with us. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby carolnotts » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:40 pm

:welcome: to the forum :) :wave: :wave:
carolnotts
UKFM Member