[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi, Im back!

Hi, Im back!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi, Im back!

Postby redcaz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to keep you updated. I posted a topic the other day about doubting my doctors diagnosis. I was due to see a different doctor on Monday but I was in so much pain today my boss sent me home. I rang the surgery and they managed to get me in, but it meant seeing the same doctor as last time. Anyway, I said I hoped he didnt think me disrespectful but was he sure I had fibromyalgia as I havent been tested for anything else beforehand, as I had read that this was what usually happened. He said that this isnt always the case and that I have all the classic signs of FB even though It might not have hit me as hard as some of you guys just yet! But he has booked me in for a long list of blood tests next week, just to put my mind at rest as he put it. And he has told me to up my dose of amatryptaline by 10 mg every couple of days until I find things easing a little. ( Im currently on 20mg and he told me to not go higher than 50mg). I have to go back to see him in 2 weeks.
So, my question is, will these blood tests show any other problems, like arthritis or rheumatism? I suppose I'll just have to trust him for now and see what happens. I can say though that Im definitely feeling worse each day and not better, Ive been on the tramadol today, which he isnt happy about as he says theyre too strong. But when you feel so rough, you'll try anything?! :dunno:
Sorry its so long, just good to pour it out, my hubbies beginning to get that glazed look in his eye when I keep goin on!!

Big hugs, Carol xxxx
redcaz
UKFM Member

Re: Hi, Im back!

Postby loubie » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 am

hi carol :wave:
its good you are having the bloods done as it will put your mind at rest
i have had many bloods done, all come back ok, in fact the last lot
i had done my doc's words were.....excellent :shock: .............well why
do i feel so ill then!!!!!!

i am afraid that is how fibro is, but your doc dose sound as if he has
a good understanding about fibro, believe me, that is a very good thing :blowkiss: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:24 am

:wave: ,its good that he listened and is prepared to do blood tests etc .dont be suprised if they come back ok . :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 am

Sounds like he is taking the FM possibility seriously, which is what you need from your gp. The blood tests tend to be one of the first steps in seeing what is causing the problems. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you get to the bottom of things :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 am

Hi
Its good that your gp is doing lots of blood tests as this will rule out other problems.
Fibro will not show up in blood tests so your gp will be ruling other things out before dx you with fibro. :goodluck1: with the results, keep us updated.
Hope you start to feel better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Ditto all the other's replies, glad your getting things done :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby redcaz » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks everyone. Hope you all keep as well as possible! :fingerscrossed: xx
redcaz
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:34 am

Hi guys am back :wave: ,York was great, weather to, but when i got home last night i was in so much pain, think i might have over done the walking :banghead: , hubby had a lovely time to, but on the saturday he to was complaining his legs were sore, the hotel was lovely but it was just a shower in our room so i had to make do with that, missed my bath, good to be back. :blowkiss: :grouphug:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 am

:welcome: back budda,glad you had a good break, you chose the right weekend to go away weather wise. :clap: :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Glad you had a good time Budda, rest up now and :fingerscrossed: you wont flare xx
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:18 pm

Wish i could rest denys, had to go to my wee gran today, then before we have tea we are going to veiw a house :yikes: .
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello